The Student Room Group

Why are tall and muscular guys more generally more attractive?

In the gym, you generally find more attractive guys (and girls) as opposed to the general public. I even know some girls who just go gym just to get attention from guys and hope they approach them.

For me, ever since i've started improving my fitness, i've noticed people tend to notice people take me more seriously, girls look at me, people assume im confident and get girls, generally people are intimidated by my good looks.

I know tallness and muscularity and attractive features in a guy but why, generally do such guys have matching good faces?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
caveman instincts
This is one of the most exhausted topics on here , just search it
Original post by Anonymous
In the gym, you generally find more attractive guys (and girls) as opposed to the general public. I even know some girls who just go gym just to get attention from guys and hope they approach them.

For me, ever since i've started improving my fitness, i've noticed people tend to notice people take me more seriously, girls look at me, people assume im confident and get girls, generally people are intimidated by my good looks.

I know tallness and muscularity and attractive features in a guy but why, generally do such guys have matching good faces?

Extra muscle mass increases the testosterone in your body. This changes the shape of your face.

Also when you're lean you have less fat on your face which (for most people) looks better than a chubby baby face.
I even know some girls who just go gym just to get attention from guys and hope they approach them.

a bit sad

Hmm, its the same with boys looking at girls, a lot of boys are attracted to a bigger than average ass size etc.
Reply 6
Original post by ChickenMadness
Extra muscle mass increases the testosterone in your body. This changes the shape of your face.

Also when you're lean you have less fat on your face which (for most people) looks better than a chubby baby face.

as someone who's weight bounces seasonally, I can tell you that in chubby baby face mode I get just as many marriage proposals than in my non-fat mode
:frown:
A leaner face and body is more aesthetically pleasing to most people because they seem to be the most fertile and fit people to reproduce with.
Reply 8
It's how we've evolved. Muscles and tallness indicates a male that is able to take care of you and provide for you. Just look it up, there is a scientific/evolutionary explanation.(like with most things)
Q1 Why is being tall and muscular considered more attractive. Obvious reasons connected with being fit and healthy plus its more aesthetically pleasing.
Q2 Why do generally such guys have matching good faces? I dont see the correlation. maybe you just notice them more. Maybe some vain ones like to work out a lot. For the most part people go to the gym to train and they are more interested in the next set, their mobile phone or the next 500m than anything else.
Original post by AvasSaeed
as someone who's weight bounces seasonally, I can tell you that in chubby baby face mode I get just as many marriage proposals than in my non-fat mode
:frown:

Maybe you need muscles too then haha
I need to start hitting the gym again. :colone:
no, you just need another lord of the rings movie, elijah.
Reply 13
thats like asking why a slim woman with big boobs is attractive...
Original post by Joel 96
no, you just need another lord of the rings movie, elijah.

Oh for God sake...:tongue:
(edited 6 years ago)
Being fit implies greater consciousness of your looks and therefore beauty
Reply 16
Why are tall and muscular guys more generally more attractive?

Because bigger = higher food/calorie intake. Big guys eat a lot, so they seem like they're part of the elite class.

Most guys seem to like skinny girls these days, but there was a time when chubby or tall girls with big butt/boobs were considered the ideal, for the same reasons girls like big guys. Bigger = more food = more resources for family

It might seem like a cynical way of looking at things, but when it really comes to down it, relationships are about what the other person can do for you. "I scratch your back, you scratch mine" that sort of thing.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ChickenMadness

??
Reply 18
Well gee I don't know Mr. Questions, why do men like slim girls with big boobs? Oh I know! That's natural instinct and our body recognises that's the best type of women for us to fuc- excuse me I mean have sex with! WHOOPTIE DOO Well guys pack your bags I'm gonna get an A* on that Additional Science GCSE exam yee-haw.

I'm a very clever individual.
Yh

Quick Reply