The Student Room Group

GCSE science how to get A*

Would like to know of this is a good method of revision as at the moment I feel like nothing is going in my head

I have just started making flashcards on topics as i go along and learning them as well as using free science lessons

I watch his videos then do a past paper then in the morning I do one section of my revision section and a past paper
Original post by Lara121
Would like to know of this is a good method of revision as at the moment I feel like nothing is going in my head

I have just started making flashcards on topics as i go along and learning them as well as using free science lessons

I watch his videos then do a past paper then in the morning I do one section of my revision section and a past paper

This sounds like a really good way of doing things, and a mix too! Make sure you're taking regular breaks and eating/drinking/sleeping enough as these will help, if you find for example making flashcards isn't working then try a different method instead. Different things work for different people but you could record yourself saying things out loud, get someone to test you, make posters and stick them up around the house, turn it into a song... There's loads you can do but it honestly depends what works for you. Good luck!
Have you tried watching videos to see if that helps you? There are some free ones around, and I've recently been trying out Positive Charge revision videos for Chemistry topics, which you do have to pay for but they go into a lot of detail and cover all the topics you need for each exam board. I learn best from hearing things explained and being able to go back and listen again if I need to, so I feel like it's working well for me - might be worth a try for you too? Like furryface said, though, it's about finding the revision style that works best for you and sticking with it. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest