The Student Room Group

Avoiding eye contact 'everyday racism'

Scroll to see replies

People on the spectrum and those with Asperger's are unable to look anyone in the eye. It is a facet of their conditions.

So, why is this initiative not a " micro aggression" against people with disabilities?

Didn't think of that, did you, SJW scum? :biggrin:

They should really have fired someone over this.
Stupid article, some people are just shy
This is why when people tell you they go to Oxford it doesn't mean anything, dumb people everywhere.
Original post by Mathemagicien
They already have a large problem with a lack of diversity in the staff. They wouldn't want to exacerbate that.

It might purge some of the ****wits though.
I've heard of this "micro aggression" stuff. Like not sitting next to them on the bus and silliness. I think black people or whoever else has an issue with stuff like this need to focus on actual racism and not this stupidness. I can see where it makes them uncomfortable but come on. It's not enough to spread awareness about or whatever they're doing.

More important stuff like, prestigious universities and claims of systematic racism keeping people of colour out. Not "micro agressions" and whatever crap. Sometimes I think it's people pretending to care about race issues that come up with stuff like this just to get them laughed at?

Original post by Meany Pie
Does that make the blind people racist?

:nah: that's just wrong lol
Original post by Mathemagicien
They already have a large problem with a lack of diversity in the staff. They wouldn't want to exacerbate that.

I honestly don't think it's black people who come up with stuff like this though. I think it's leftwing white people.
They may have apologised but they haven't taken down the statement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending