The Student Room Group

I'm sat here crying myself to sleep

I want to close my eyes, the pain won't go away. Listening to depressing songs doesn't help but every time I try to sleep, I can't. Life doesn't seem to go my way. I try to let myself not into this state but it's my fault. It's karma.

I don't want to write anymore but I wish to leave this quote up.

“Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions.” - Elizabeth Gilbert

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I want to close my eyes, the pain won't go away. Listening to depressing songs doesn't help but every time I try to sleep, I can't. Life doesn't seem to go my way. I try to let myself not into this state but it's my fault. It's karma.

“Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions.” - Elizabeth Gilbert

I feel you. Life just gets better, In fact it will.
I'm sure in a few days you will feel fine. Sometimes I feel this way. Life isn't easy but then again nobody said it was. All you can do is work through the hurt and pain and realise that it won't always be like this. No matter how horrible you may feel now. It does get better.

Stay strong
Reply 3

What's wrong
I can't sleep either. Took anti depressents for the first time today and it's given me insomnia lol. Mind is racing like crazy and can't stop it.

You could try watching some TV show like '8 out of cats does countdown' or whatever. To make you laugh.

Something funny
Maybe if you tried to sleep laying down it might help. I know I can't fall asleep sitting either.
Reply 6
I'm grieving, I'm heartbroken. I just don't seem to get better, my mental health gets worse. My family doesn't care, all I want to do is escape.
I used to stay up late and just think about stuff feeling sad, if things got too much maybe I'd cry every now and then, but I don't anymore. Sure I have the odd nights of listening to sad music but I've just overcome that mindset of feeling sad. Looking back I guess I was depressed. I do more now to control my thoughts and feelings, sometimes you have to accept things and other times you have to learn how to move on, don't just let things be the awful way they are.

For me I hit a point where I just didn't care anymore, I guess you could say rock bottom. I genuinely felt like I didn't want to live any longer. I overcome it by looking in myself and deciding who I wanted to be and that giving up wasn't a choice until I gave life and my dreams a full shot… and if I get to the point of giving my dreams and life a full shot, I hope I learn something along the way to keep me going until then I just make the most of every second.
I'm grieving, I'm heartbroken. I just don't seem to get better, my mental health gets worse. My family doesn't care, all I want to do is escape.

you seen any doctors about it yet? Get some drugz boooooi.
Reply 9
Original post by ChickenMadness
you seen any doctors about it yet? Get some drugz boooooi.

Drugs won't help, maybe in the short term but long term, things won't get better. I'm afraid I don't think I'll get better.
Drugs won't help, maybe in the short term but long term, things won't get better. I'm afraid I don't think I'll get better.

Not with that attitude lol.

I'm sure you were happy when you were a kid? It's a temporary thing. It's a phase that will pass :smile:

I've been trying to get rid of mental health problems for 6 years now. But I still have hope haha. I think I'll be healthy soon.

Also don't knock it till you try it. I know loads of people that have taken anti depressants and gotten better as a result. Need to see professionals and talk about your problems. And if they're unsympathetic keep seeing different doctors until you find one that gives a :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: :smile:
Reply 11

Not with that attitude lol.

I'm sure you were happy when you were a kid? It's a temporary thing. It's a phase that will pass :smile:

I've been trying to get rid of mental health problems for 6 years now. But I still have hope haha. I think I'll be healthy soon.

Also don't knock it till you try it. I know loads of people that have taken anti depressants and gotten better as a result. Need to see professionals and talk about your problems. And if they're unsympathetic keep seeing different doctors until you find one that gives a :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: :smile:

HOPE is a good 4-lettered word.

Please don't give up.
Original post by Drez999
HOPE is a good 4-lettered word.

Please don't give up.

Fail is another
Reply 13
Original post by Athematica
Fail is another

You're not helping............
Original post by zayn008
You're not helping............

Oops is one more
I can't sleep either. Took anti depressents for the first time today and it's given me insomnia lol. Mind is racing like crazy and can't stop it.

You could try watching some TV show like '8 out of cats does countdown' or whatever. To make you laugh.

Something funny

one of the reasons i dont wanna take anti depressants, insomnia is bad enough as it is.
Original post by hezzlington
one of the reasons i dont wanna take anti depressants, insomnia is bad enough as it is.

ye I didn't think this through lmfao.
Reply 17
omg :hugs: for OP :sad:
OP, I'm so sorry to hear you're suffering like this. I used to cry every night in bed too and it was a horrible experience. As others here have said, hopefully this is a short-term blip and things will improve :hugs:

Try taking them in the mornings rather than before bed, that can sometimes help with the insomnia. Also it might just be a starting side effect, give it a while and it might wear off for you. :smile:
Hey, I was bullied pretty badly a year ago, not eating, and crying every night. Today I have the most amazing life, something that I never thought was possible and almost gave up on. Just keep going I swear things will get better, theres no other direction to go but up.

Quick Reply