clamarie5
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am an Irish and UK citizen. I have lived in Ireland for 23 years until 2015 and I then lived and worked in London for 20 months until December 2016. I am currently in Australia on a working holiday visa but I would like to return to the UK in 2018 and commence post graduate studies. The website says I must have lived in the EU for at least 3 years before applying for the loan.... now that I am in Australia will this count against me applying for a loan???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by clamarie5)
I am an Irish and UK citizen. I have lived in Ireland for 23 years until 2015 and I then lived and worked in London for 20 months until December 2016. I am currently in Australia on a working holiday visa but I would like to return to the UK in 2018 and commence post graduate studies. The website says I must have lived in the EU for at least 3 years before applying for the loan.... now that I am in Australia will this count against me applying for a loan???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks
Temporary stays outside the UK don't affect your ordinary residence. You'll need to prove that your stay in Australia is temporary (fixed period visa, return tickets, keeping a UK bank account, having a room kept for you in the UK or Ireland etc)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed