The Student Room Group

History and Economics at Oxbridge

Hi all,

I am in Year 12 and doing the IB. I take HL English, History and French and SL Spanish, Biology and Maths Studies. I'm looking to apply to Oxbridge (7A*s 4As ). At (probably Oxford) I am considering either History, History and Spanish or History and Economics- the last of which I have a query about. Given that I would like the possibility of going into finance and doing a CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) later and an experience of Economics would be useful obviously. However, my math is not that strong- so my question is, how hard is History and Economics at Oxbridge and does it offer opportunities for people like me who have not studied Economics before...?

(If it helps, I am also looking at: LSE, KCL and UCL and the former (LSE) offers something called Economic History that would work for me.)
I don't know a huge amount about History and Economics specifically but as far as I know all of the economics courses (H&E, E&M, PPE) assume no prior knowledge of economics. As regards Maths you'd definitely want at least AS level (I'm assuming Standard Level in IB is roughly equivalent). When you say not that strong do you mean you really struggle or it's just not your favourite?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending