The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Confirmation of firm acceptance & on-campus accomodation - UOD

Hi guys !

I'm an EU student and I got a conditional offer at the UOD in History. I have put it as my firm choice, and was supposed to receive a "confirmation of firm acceptance" from the university. You've guessed it right, if I'm writing this thread, it's because I did not receive it yet. Is anyone in the same case (conditional offer, firmly accepted on UCAS, and still waiting for this mail to come), and if not, do you think I should send them a reminder ? :smile:

Secondly, I have a question about the accomodation. When I first received the offer, it's been about one month now, I had access to a link on Evision, leading to https://residences-online.dundee.ac.uk. There, I found how to apply for a room, but it was the data for 2016. Then, the site closed, and even if it was supposed to reopen from mid-april onwards, there's still nothing and I'm a bit worried...

Hoping you guys will help me, thanks :biggrin:
Reply 1
hello, i too have tried to apply but i have not received any information yet. Perhaps the university is just busy the now and haven't had time to email us.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
I have received a confirmation letter. I suggest you to write Dundee office asking about it. I am awating response from there too.. Maybe they are busy.
Same as you, still waiting for them to confirm and send me a link to apply for accomodation.
Reply 4
Send them a reminder :yep: When I applied for Dundee, I never got any sort of confirmation after I accepted them as my firm.

As for accommodation, Dundee don't send out the emails for it all at once. They do it in batches. Also, you have probably already noticed, they don't tend to keep to their word. If you have heard nothing back by next week, do pester them to get their asses in motion.

Original post by BluePheasant
Hi guys !

I'm an EU student and I got a conditional offer at the UOD in History. I have put it as my firm choice, and was supposed to receive a "confirmation of firm acceptance" from the university. You've guessed it right, if I'm writing this thread, it's because I did not receive it yet. Is anyone in the same case (conditional offer, firmly accepted on UCAS, and still waiting for this mail to come), and if not, do you think I should send them a reminder ? :smile:

Secondly, I have a question about the accomodation. When I first received the offer, it's been about one month now, I had access to a link on Evision, leading to https://residences-online.dundee.ac.uk. There, I found how to apply for a room, but it was the data for 2016. Then, the site closed, and even if it was supposed to reopen from mid-april onwards, there's still nothing and I'm a bit worried...

Hoping you guys will help me, thanks :biggrin:

Original post by know how
hello, i too have tried to apply but i have not received any information yet. Perhaps the university is just busy the now and haven't had time to email us.

Original post by Swedetoscot
Same as you, still waiting for them to confirm and send me a link to apply for accomodation.
Reply 5
Hey !

First of all, thank you for the responses ! I was glad to see that I am not the only one in this case.
I have to say, fate did well on that one. Two hours after I had written the thread, I receive a mail from Dundee named... " Confirmation of your Firm Acceptance "
:mute:
:woo:
So now, I "just" need to get the e-mail for accomodation. But I'll contact them if I still have nothing at the beginning of may.

Quick Reply

Latest