Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dont you just hate it when ppl that got like A and B's want to retake to get even higher or like the person on this thread who posted his grades complains about gettin 90/100 or something like that, these ppl need to get a life, like someone quoted on this board. In a way it makes you feel angry or bad inside and for thoose who pay lots of money for remarks, retakes etc ppl who can afford it is it worth it? (could it be a a payoff for higher grades somethimes works somethimes not)

Next point: The random marks ******** is crap of course examinars dont give you random marks if you ppl actually research how marks are given out you could learn a lot. Just check out the edexcel website before you post paranoid, random marking etc stories. There is a whole two pages of how examinars mark restribute papers etc it might not be a good way but some ppl are like then others.

Peace Out Be COOL :cool:

ReputationRep:
    amen brother !

ReputationRep:
    Here here!

I was extremely happy with my 95/105s for the two History papers, meeaning I got an A, but after reading the sheer dissapointment of those unlucky few who got just 90/100 in some modules, I have come to realise the depression that I should be feeling.

ReputationRep:
    To quote the obvious dissapointment from this poor performer:

"5 As all just above 270/300. O ffs my I specifically tell my parents not to touch my paper of results and they take it away when I leave for 1 second I am a little upset about french oral though I did get A but it was a low one and my school is supposed to be fluent"

What must he be going through.

Actually I'm pissed off that I got a C in German, and a D n my oral having been predicted As in all the modules and thinking I'd done the best exam in my life; ah well, it was a good C anyway.

ReputationRep:
    As always these pompous individuals with their arogance are in huge supply especially in a forum liek this. 'oh my god I got 299/300 , how could they!! i studied very hard and my parents will torture me' pfff

ReputationRep:
    I was annoyed to have dropped two marks on a History module; I thought I'd done better than that. I really really wanted 300 for my History AS, and just missing out is so annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I had my hopes sort of dashed at my results day. I was predicted all As, not expecting it though, and indeed I got all As and an odd C (to be remarked). However, when I was given the enveolope, it had a small yellow slip in it saying "For Students with Outstanding...." I became excited...it finished "For Students with Outstanding Library Books, please return them as soon as possible." I didn't think I took any library books out anyway.

ReputationRep:
    look at me I got
    Bio - B
    Physics - C
    Chem- C
    Math - D

truly hardcore subjects and I'm pleased with my B and C's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claude)
    I was annoyed to have dropped two marks on a History module; I thought I'd done better than that. I really really wanted 300 for my History AS, and just missing out is so annoying.
    Dont make me spank you.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking just the thing when I read a post which went something like: "I got 255, but I m going to retake 2 units to get a higher A." What is the point?! It s still an A, and I personally couldn't be doing with the stress and money-wastage.

But then I can see why a person might want to get their B up to an A if it was about 3 marks out or something.

Apparently a boy at my school actually cried when he got a B instead of an A, lol.

ReputationRep:
    How on earth can you be disappointed with 298?? I just don't understand some people. I'm sure that very few people get 300/300 *waits for someone to tell me i'm wrong*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    How on earth can you be disappointed with 298?? I just don't understand some people. I'm sure that very few people get 300/300 *waits for someone to tell me i'm wrong*
    I dropped 4 marks on my coursework...so I only got 294. It's good, but I desperately wanted full marks.

ReputationRep:
    you musnt hate people because they're clever. besides, AS marks carry through to A2, so even if you got a highish A, resitting is a good idea just to get a few more points. plus in some subjects, everyone retakes because they're better in a year's time - latin, for example

ReputationRep:
    It's the principal that matters.

It all depends on what the universities want you to have. If they require an AAA and you achieve an AAB then a retake would be vital for the subject you achieved a B in.

I do not however, tolerate people retaking just to get a higher mark when their university has already accepted them - that to me is just SAD

ReputationRep:
    From some of these replies I still see we got people who cannot read. lol

Man Year 7 was history now looooooooool :eek:

You choose you gonno be a player or a nerd or your life.

Anyway thoose people who did good excellent job no need to booast, because I personaly do not give a crap.

As for me I did Ok half half Iam not complaining.

ReputationRep:
    i swear, half this forum is full of ppl showing off.

but still they got the grades and should be proud of them.

there is nowt wrong with wanting a higher grade eg. i was 5/600 marks off an A, for this i lost my place at uni.

at AS level its good to get high ums. whining about a2 when you have the grades and got into a good uni is just down right silly.

ReputationRep:
    My post was mostly directed to AS people.

ReputationRep:
    I dropped 4 marks on my coursework...so I only got 294. It's good, but I desperately wanted full marks.
    you 'desperately wanted full marks' ... GOD! You need your priorities sorted!!

What would full marks give you? A prize?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maattdi_2000)
    What would full marks give you? A prize?
    A piss easy ride next year, for one.

ReputationRep:
    People who are high achievers often have very high standards for themselves and thus won't settle for less than 100%. I know it sounds loopy but it's a real let down when you've put your everything into getting full marks and then don't get there. Sure, they are very lucky to get A's but don't put them down, they've underachieved in their eyes and that's quite hard to overcome.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.