The Student Room Group

Ask a guy who just put Β£500 on a Conservative landslide anything

Put it on the Conservatives winning over 375 seats. Discuss.

Total returns is Β£917

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do I have a viral infection?
Original post by gjd800
Do I have a viral infection?

If you vote Labour or Lib Dem then yes
Is Β£500 a lot of money to you?
Reply 4
Original post by CherryPoppins
If you vote Labour or Lib Dem then yes

I wasn't really looking for a conditional, but cheers.
Reply 5
Do you even lift bro?
Reply 6
Put it on the Conservatives winning over 375 seats. Discuss.

Total returns is Β£917

How much for 400+ seats?
Original post by UWS
Do you even lift bro?

haha - how many times have I seen this as a cover-all response to something. Almost as good as 'what did you have for breakfast?'
Original post by Saoirse:3
Is Β£500 a lot of money to you?

Yes, I took it out my student loan but didn't wince when I placed the bet. If I lose the money, then more fool me for judging the political climate wrong. Either way, it's not really about the money. I want the ego boost from knowing I called the election right
Out of your student loan? I hope you have enough to last you till the end of the year.
Original post by bex.anne
Out of your student loan? I hope you have enough to last you till the end of the year.

lol
i won Β£1,800 when trump won (net) but i was more happy i predicted the election than the money coming in
Yes, I took it out my student loan but didn't wince when I placed the bet. If I lose the money, then more fool me for judging the political climate wrong. Either way, it's not really about the money. I want the ego boost from knowing I called the election right

Somewhat risky way of stroking your ego if you ask me, let's not forget who is the current president of the united states
Original post by Josb
How much for 400+ seats?
i'm trying to find it, i think you'd be better off searching for a low amount of labour seats

Original post by UWS
Do you even lift bro?

no
Original post by Kravence
Somewhat risky way of stroking your ego if you ask me, let's not forget who is the current president of the united states

i bet on him to win lol, predicted it like a year before the election
How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?
Reply 16
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Reply 17

You used taxpayers money to gamble? πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€
Original post by IWMTom
You used taxpayers money to gamble? πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

Taxpayers my ass. I will have to pay it back with interest
Reply 19
Taxpayers my ass. I will have to pay it back with interest

Assuming you earn enough, which I'd hazard a guess someone of your personality may have a hard time doing :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest