The Student Room Group

Recommended books for health sciences degree?

Hi! I just applied to do the health care and health sciences course starting September '17 with the Open Uni (I'm a single mom that works full time so figured that's the best option!), I have an NVQ level 3 in health and social care and am a senior carer and have been working in health care for the last 6 years (bar a maternity break), I'm pretty confident about doing the course but was wondering if anyone had any books to recommend for the course to read into to get a bit of a head start by September?
The modules are: Health and Illness
Human Biology
Science of the mind: investigating mental health
Infectious disease and public health
Promoting public health: skills, perspectives and practice
Researching biology and health science.

Thanks!!
Original post by stubrador
Hi! I just applied to do the health care and health sciences course starting September '17 with the Open Uni (I'm a single mom that works full time so figured that's the best option!), I have an NVQ level 3 in health and social care and am a senior carer and have been working in health care for the last 6 years (bar a maternity break), I'm pretty confident about doing the course but was wondering if anyone had any books to recommend for the course to read into to get a bit of a head start by September?
The modules are: Health and Illness
Human Biology
Science of the mind: investigating mental health
Infectious disease and public health
Promoting public health: skills, perspectives and practice
Researching biology and health science.

Thanks!!

Heya,

Sorry to see that you have not had a response to his.

Your uni will have a recommended reading list, whether or not the books are useful... is something else.

I think the best resource to use first is both google and YouTube, perhaps looking up 'health care first year lectures' on YouTube, then think about getting books afterwards.
Hi! I wonder how is your course going? I am going to apply to start Health Science at Open uni in January but I am a bit worried as I didn't have anything to do with science since college. Can you recommend any textbooks?
Reply 3
Hi I am about to also apply for this degree! Have you found any interesting books?ThanksCharley

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending