The Student Room Group

personal statement

hi so i need to draft my personal statement for this module i am doing with my school and i am struggling to start my statement. i am not really sure what i want to do so im thinking of generalising it to healthcare. if anyone please have any ideas i would be grateful
Original post by GNHD
hi so i need to draft my personal statement for this module i am doing with my school and i am struggling to start my statement. i am not really sure what i want to do so im thinking of generalising it to healthcare. if anyone please have any ideas i would be grateful

In all honesty, you cant successfully write personal statement without being more specific, theres a lot of potential fields in healthcare.
Original post by GNHD

A personal statement for your module..? I'm not sure what that means but I would still say:

Write down your ideas that address why you want to study the subject, what relevant experience or knowledge of the material you may have (e.g. A lecture you've seen online or been to, or a book you've read, or when you worked in a nursing home..) and don't write the opening paragraph, write the content first and then worry about the start later.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
In all honesty, you cant successfully write personal statement without being more specific, theres a lot of potential fields in healthcare.

I guess that is true, is it possible for me to state different professions
Reply 4
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
A personal statement for your module..? I'm not sure what that means but I would still say:

Write down your ideas that address why you want to study the subject, what relevant experience or knowledge of the material you may have (e.g. A lecture you've seen online or been to, or a book you've read, or when you worked in a nursing home..) and don't write the opening paragraph, write the content first and then worry about the start later.

yeah the module bit was irrelevant, i shouldn't of included it but thank you
Original post by GNHD
I guess that is true, is it possible for me to state different professions

a good statement would have a specific focus, if you state various professions then it wont be very specific

Quick Reply

Latest