The Student Room Group

Doctor or Engineer?

Poll

Doctor or Engineer?

Hey there, basically I need advice on my career choice.

A few years back I decided I wanted to be either a mechanical/chemical engineer or a doctor and I wanted some more input. I'm still in secondary school so it isn't that massive of a deal but honestly I'd prefer to decide sooner than later.

I asked my parents and they said that I should do engineering because being a doctor isn't stable/ it's gonna be too hard/ it takes too long to qualify/ the amount of work is too much, stuff like that. I just want to know if they're right and a career as a doctor isn't worth trying for.

Also I'm in top sets for english, maths and triple sciences. And just to say I would also be fine being an engineer, this isn't my parents forcing me into anything, I'd be cool with either I just want some different opinions.
It's got to be what you want, you have to love the idea of being a doctor or it won't work, not sure about engineering but I imagine it's similar. Which can you see yourself as? Both are well respected careers that require plenty of work to get there, so the deciding factor ought to be what you feel is right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending