The Student Room Group

I want to gush about my boyfriend

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Huh, I didn't realise my studying biochemistry was this much of a selling point. Then again, most of the girls I meet are also doing biochemistry so I can't imagine it would really help that much.

I know, right? I guess it's just the impression that you've got to be smart then and will probably earn quite a bit? I don't really get why it would affect a relationship tho xD
Reply 21
Original post by Devify
Wait, are people really that happy to date someone on a stem degree?

I'm really not arsed either way.
Reply 22
Original post by hezzlington
Whenever you are cuddling and having sex with your bf..

Spoiler

Doubt it luv, he's pretty possessive
Original post by Devify
I know, right? I guess it's just the impression that you've got to be smart then and will probably earn quite a bit? I don't really get why it would affect a relationship tho xD

No, nor do I. I'm not wild about the idea of girls approaching me for the sake of my future salary. For one thing, I'm thinking about being a teacher, so I'll probably earn piss all anyway. =P
Original post by Devify
Doubt it luv, he's pretty possessive

i know he is sweetheart, I know.
remember when sex relations were a private thing?
who am i kidding. it's tsr.
Original post by Joel 96

I know. Nothing is private any longer - it's all kiss-and-tell blurt it all out for attention.
Reply 27
Original post by Devify
I'm too paranoid haha, on the pill and always use condoms, even if they are a slight pain to get for us, just cause I definitely don't want kids. Don't want STDs either.

Shouldnt the condoms be easy to get? i mean its difficult as a teen but probably not when you are over 18
Reply 28
No, nor do I. I'm not wild about the idea of girls approaching me for the sake of my future salary. For one thing, I'm thinking about being a teacher, so I'll probably earn piss all anyway. =P

Yeah, not really the reason I'd want to get into a relationship with someone. Teaching can be :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: but it's pretty rewarding. Have you done anything like that? My uni has a scheme where students can sign up to work as an ambassador and some schools ask for someone to come in and teach a couple of sessions. So I've been going to quite a few schools to teach. It's pretty interesting how the skill range varies and how different ages act.
Original post by Devify
Yeah, not really the reason I'd want to get into a relationship with someone. Teaching can be :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: but it's pretty rewarding. Have you done anything like that? My uni has a scheme where students can sign up to work as an ambassador and some schools ask for someone to come in and teach a couple of sessions. So I've been going to quite a few schools to teach. It's pretty interesting how the skill range varies and how different ages act.

At the moment I'm doing Peer Assisted Study Sessions, which is where two higher-year biochemists (one of which is me) and 2-8 first-years get together in a room and talk about course material and assignments and uni life. It's not nearly as structured as proper teaching, and we're only meant to 'facilitate discussion' instead of teaching anything in particular, but I still think it has helped. My partner and I tend to make plans in advance based on what they tell us they want to go over on Facebook.
Keep a diary?
Reply 31
At the moment I'm doing Peer Assisted Study Sessions, which is where two higher-year biochemists (one of which is me) and 2-8 first-years get together in a room and talk about course material and assignments and uni life. It's not nearly as structured as proper teaching, and we're only meant to 'facilitate discussion' instead of teaching anything in particular, but I still think it has helped. My partner and I tend to make plans in advance based on what they tell us they want to go over on Facebook.

Yeah, that definitely helps. I would say that's more like mentoring but it is something to start with. What kind of ages would you like to teach?
Reply 32
Original post by JackH56
Shouldnt the condoms be easy to get? i mean its difficult as a teen but probably not when you are over 18

20 actually. And usually they are pretty simple but umm

Spoiler

Reply 33
Original post by Joel 96

I'm sorry if I have always been a pretty open person and don't find anything embarrassing about talking about my relationships.
Reply 34
Original post by Devify
20 actually. And usually they are pretty simple but umm

Spoiler

Now thats what i call dedication ahaha. isnt it painful? ~ thats what i heard from the featured part on snapchat
Just my advice but maybe you should like...go outside
Reply 36
Original post by JackH56
Now thats what i call dedication ahaha. isnt it painful? ~ thats what i heard from the featured part on snapchat

It took a while but I got a lot of teasing and size jokes out of it so worth it :wink:
And yeah, can be, especially in the beginning. Thankfully the female body adapts pretty quick and I'm one of those people who think that some pain only brings out the pleasure more so it's something I just deal with.
Why are people indulging this thread? Jesus :dry:
Reply 38
Original post by hevbow
Just my advice but maybe you should like...go outside

I have a pretty active life and got work at 9 tomorrow so I'm good thanks.
Reply 39
Original post by Devify
It took a while but I got a lot of teasing and size jokes out of it so worth it :wink:
And yeah, can be, especially in the beginning. Thankfully the female body adapts pretty quick and I'm one of those people who think that some pain only brings out the pleasure more so it's something I just deal with.

interesting. females can evolve very fast

i dont even know why we are talking about this. ahaha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending