The Student Room Group

Questions: For those that were successful with your GCSEs

I'm currently in year 10 and decided that I need to put some work daily to do well in my GCSEs, I know this is early but I have mocks and I need to catch up on many areas in subjects that isn't stable, there are huge specifications I need to get down which I think I cannot track over in a couple months, starting early to be safe. DEC will be when my mocks are held and are really important as they decide whether I get into my school's sixth form.

How often did you revise daily? What grades did you get? If you did some sort of language for GCSE how do you think I can catch up in language. That's the one area I'm really worried as I paid little attention to my Chinese lessons, I have mass problems with the vocab. How should I approach this problem and gradually with hard work get on the right level? How should I motivate myself to study. If you played lots of games or spent too much time on the internet how did you take yourself away from them to study?

I'm aiming for mostly A*, at least 7. What helps you revise and what's effective. I really want to succeed and I'm really interested in how you approached the exams leading to reaping success.
Come meet us on the year 10 thread where we discuss exam techniques and revision tips 😊 http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4275172

Quick Reply

Latest