Year 10's going into Year 11

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Pepe
Art thou a wasteman?

Sometimes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by R_S30
I found chemistry better compared to biology, but there are definitely some questions where I know I messed up.

I sort of rushed it towards the end so I feel like the 6 marker went really badly, and I might have messed up abbot of the maths, although I should get a few marks for the working.

Looking back I don't think I've done too bad, hoping for the best 😊.

How did you think it went? 😶

I finished with a bit of time to spare, so I decided to re-check, and found some errors where I would have lost about 5 marks. I think the maths was OK, and the 6 marker went meh, but there were too many marks for too little to write. I found both Chemistry and Biology the same. I do AQA Physics, how did you find the Edexcel mock?
Original post by R_S30
I've got edexcel triple science mocks coming up in just under a week. These are going to be marked by edexcel and so we'll get them back in September. Am honestly feeling really worried.
Has anyone got their RE GCSEs this year, I've got my first one on the 15th of May and the second one on 7th June.
I've also got maths mocks coming up after the half term but we won't think about that 😁.

Are you doing unit 4 and unit 11 for RS? I'm doing my RS GCSE on the same days,did my science mocks and I also have a maths mock coming up... : / And then apparently I have my Arabic mocks too..
Original post by R_S30
How did everyone who done the mocks today find it?

We did biology today and I thought that the first half was kinda hard, but I found the second half easier than the first bit.

I was actually really relieved that the six mark question was on mitosis.
As a whole I feel like I've pretty much failed, but we get the results in September so that's fine 😊.

Chemistry tomorrow!

I think teachers get some results in June or something. I rate it 7/10. We/ I cannot have done teriribly because some people did not even revise or try that hard sooo :smile:
Original post by MrIso
I found the test really easy overall, as did everyone in my year. I think I finished it in about 30 minutes. Luckily, the only six marker was on mitosis! I found that the questions were easier than they could have been, at least it wasn't on mRNA and protein synthesis! So yeah, I'm pretty confident for an 8 or 9.

They are not giving grades. Only venture scores so.
I found Biology better than the rest of the exams. Physics messed me up today, I totally forgot that we had to revise electromagnetic spectrum (Yes I know the test was basically going to be that) and I did revision on that last minute. I don't think I did extremely bad. How about the rest of you?
Reply 66
Original post by MrIso
I finished with a bit of time to spare, so I decided to re-check, and found some errors where I would have lost about 5 marks. I think the maths was OK, and the 6 marker went meh, but there were too many marks for too little to write. I found both Chemistry and Biology the same. I do AQA Physics, how did you find the Edexcel mock?

I found the edexcel mock ok, but I know that there are some areas I messed up. I agree with the too many marks with too little to write, because for some reason a question which usually requires a one word answer had been converted to a six mark one 😬.

I think that I found physics the easiest whole chemistry and biology weren't TOO difficult but I didn't exactly know what the mark scheme would make of my answers.

Others, however, thought that physics was the hardest, kinda disagree though, unless I've done something really wrong 😶.
Reply 67
Original post by Mosope17
I think teachers get some results in June or something. I rate it 7/10. We/ I cannot have done teriribly because some people did not even revise or try that hard sooo :smile:

My teachers said that they get the results around the second week of September, after we come back.

The exams weren't too hard but I feel like I let myself down because of not reading the question properly, but it should have been fine because I kept checking over things as I went in case I didn't have enough time at the end.

Hoping to at least get over 65% in all of the tests, but glad that it was a mock and not a real exam.
Reply 68
Original post by I_Stress_Eat
Are you doing unit 4 and unit 11 for RS? I'm doing my RS GCSE on the same days,did my science mocks and I also have a maths mock coming up... : / And then apparently I have my Arabic mocks too..

No, I'm doing unit 1 and 2, specification B for WJEC.

I also have a maths mock coming up which decides our tiers and sets for next year, so kinda nervous about that.

Good luck for your tests though 😊.
What topics came up on your science mocks?
For any GCSE Art Students, going into Year 11 for the love of god, spend every weekend doing a piece of coursework, because I'm currently up at 2:36 in the morning writing and trying to rush of pieces in my book and hide blank spots with big blobs of paint. The only thing keeping me up is redbull and lots of it, on top of that I have to finish my final piece tomorrow. And then its back to the books for revising for an RE Exam on Monday. And even better if you haven't picked your options yet and your reading this STAY FAR AWAY FROM GCSE ART! If you value sleeping at night! Just don't inflict that stress on yourself.
Reply 71
Original post by Popsiclez
For any GCSE Art Students, going into Year 11 for the love of god, spend every weekend doing a piece of coursework, because I'm currently up at 2:36 in the morning writing and trying to rush of pieces in my book and hide blank spots with big blobs of paint. The only thing keeping me up is redbull and lots of it, on top of that I have to finish my final piece tomorrow. And then its back to the books for revising for an RE Exam on Monday. And even better if you haven't picked your options yet and your reading this STAY FAR AWAY FROM GCSE ART! If you value sleeping at night! Just don't inflict that stress on yourself.

Good luck for your GCSEs 👍. I've also RE on Monday, but lucky for me that's the only real gcse I sit this year.

Then again, I'll have more exams next year 😩.
Curie
:wink:
I hate it I have my mock maths on the second week I get back from school it sucks and the stupid 9-1 grading it just makes everything so much harder because the grade boundaries are so.high now

Quick Reply

Latest