Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    The same at my school! I was one of the few (I have no idea how or why) who managed to do so well. Lots of students predicted A grades recieved C/D and even E grades, a few of the Biology teachers looked rattled. Half of me wished I hadn't gone to results day. I forgot about my dissapointment when people started crying, *gulps* it's so unfair!
    I think everybody got at least one grade less than they should have. My friend, who I thought would get straight As, missed her medicine offer, and I felt so, so sorry for her.

ReputationRep:
    our year group is just the best we've ever had one girl got 6A's a few others got 5 A's LOADS of people got 3/4A's....i think everyone passed at least 3 of their subjects. our schoo is waaaay above the other grammar schools in the area on the TImes league table- we've got a point score of 320+ i think

ReputationRep:
    Most people in my school did better than expected. 5 or 6 people got 3 A's but I was the only one with 4 (not many people take more than 4 in my school). It was 'a very pleasing set of results' according to the headmaster (yessssssss...I never have to see that old git again).

ReputationRep:
    Our point score is 301. 7th best in Sussex, 2nd best non selective, 1st non-selective co-ed.

ReputationRep:
    My school screwed up majorly,it's their fault after all,only 3 I think got stright As,when I came to school yesterday morning,I found most of the girls crying,everybody was going in the coordinators office and then out,and then back in,it just made me so nervous,I didn't even carry my report,it was on the coordinator's desk,I started to read the marks,with my finger unbalanced shaking,everybody was like slow your self down*LOL*even the people with good marks,they were so calm,I mean if I got stright As,everybody who'd comes in and out would see me screaming*LOL*but anyway the coodinator was so furious and mad.and the Us were more than the As,that will teach them when we complain about a teacher they should take an action

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomcoolinguk)
    Whilst the number of people with straight As is impressive, what isn't is the number of people with grades like ABCC, CDDE etc. who had achieved As and A*s at GCSE!

For A2 it was the worst year ever, in terms of the number of people missing offers.
    I agree - a lot of people get straight As but a lot of people I know have ended up with four C-U after getting pretty much all A*-B at GCSE. For some people it's a big step up, for others it's not.

At my school there were LOADS of people who missed their uni offers.

ReputationRep:
    "This year, students sat 2269 exams and achieved an overall pass rate of 97% - more than the UK average. Students achieved a 44% pass rate at A and B grades.

In 25 subjects, every student who sat the exams was successful and there was a pass rate of more than 90% in a further 20 subjects.

Those students who came to the college with at least 5 GCSEs and an average grade of B or above performed even better achieving a 99% pass rate and a 75% pass rate at A and B grades."

That's my college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    I thought my Economics class couldn't get any worse after the various mock exam results. How wrong was I.
    I did a maths mock 1 week before the exams and got 38% (near the top of the class ), turns out it was some stupidly hard uni stuff and my 100% in the actual exam wasn't suprising after all (and yes I am boasting!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntegralNeo)
    You can check how well your school did in today's DAILY MAIL
    my school came 4th in the Daily Mail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    I think everybody got at least one grade less than they should have. My friend, who I thought would get straight As, missed her medicine offer, and I felt so, so sorry for her.
    I felt awful for those missed out on their offers for Medicine or Law

ReputationRep:
    Only three boys at my school got straight A-grades. Two of us got AAAA, whilst another got AAA.

I knew something was going on when the Head of Sixth Form told us to go into the room first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Could someone check for me how "Horsforth School" did in the Daily Mail, if anyone has the paper at hand?

Thanks.
    Horsforth School in Leeds? It came 340 according to the Daily Mail.

ReputationRep:
    My college isnt even listed in the Guardian league table...which really cant be a good sign!!!

ReputationRep:
    Are school's results/league tables published on the internet yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark123)
    my school came 4th in the Daily Mail.
    I can't believe you beat us! Oh well. I'll cope

I think we're 7th, but I read that on the local paper (where it says RS is 4th, so I'm presuming it's the same table) and haven't checked in the Daily Mail. Damn Reading boys. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Are school's results/league tables published on the internet yet?
    http://education.guardian.co.uk

Although I cant find my college on there!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)

Are these scores an average of UMS across all the subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)

Me neither! Although i'm not suprised because the Upper Sixth weren't exactly the brightest bunch.

ReputationRep:
    my college did well, as usual.
    lots of people getting good grades, some not getting good grades but still getting good places

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Me neither! Although i'm not suprised because the Upper Sixth weren't exactly the brightest bunch.
    Neither were we. My results were almost the best in the year, and they seem distinctly average when you listen to some people on here (5 A's, but I only did a paltry 3 a-levels, and did easy subjects like History (according to someone on here)!).

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.