Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How did your school do? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    YAY...my schools 52 on the a level :comprehensive school league table
    well the headteacher did recieve a knighthood this year for the excellent teaching, so i'm not surprised its on the table somewhere!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    I can't believe you beat us! Oh well. I'll cope

I think we're 7th, but I read that on the local paper (where it says RS is 4th, so I'm presuming it's the same table) and haven't checked in the Daily Mail. Damn Reading boys. :rolleyes:
    Kendricks is 13th according to the Daily Mail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    No, must be just grades, surely.
    yeh Daily Mail have based it on %A+B I think although they display average UCAS points per student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark123)
    Kendricks is 13th according to the Daily Mail
    That's actually not funny. :eek:

I'm going to murder my entire yeargroup. Don't they know how hard we tried in Year 11 to beat the rest of the country and become School of the Year? :rolleyes:

Pfft. 13th! RS can't be 4th. Your Year 12 is awful (ish), 'cept Paulo and he's been made School Captain. And maybe a couple of other ones. Oh well. Dammit. Did RT make his PPE grades?

ReputationRep:
    no idea overall, but of the people i spoke to, about 10 got straight As (and there are undoubtedly more in the year). some people really messed up and got Us for all their subjects. mostly, people got a mix of As and Bs.

ReputationRep:
    That's actually not funny. :eek:

I'm going to murder my entire yeargroup. Don't they know how hard we tried in Year 11 to beat the rest of the country and become School of the Year? :rolleyes:

Pfft. 13th! RS can't be 4th. Your Year 12 is awful (ish), 'cept Paulo and he's been made School Captain. And maybe a couple of other ones. Oh well. Dammit. Did RT make his PPE grades?
    I'm not sure..I didn't actually see him on results day as I came later than others but I'm about 99% sure he's made the grades as he did well in his AS and January exams.

Agreed, Yr12 are rubbish in our school but I knew that our yr would do well. Oh well, no pressure on you lot next year to out-perform us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark123)
    I'm not sure..I didn't actually see him on results day as I came later than others but I'm about 99% sure he's made the grades as he did well in his AS and January exams.

Agreed, Yr12 are rubbish in our school but I knew that our yr would do well. Oh well, no pressure on you lot next year to out-perform us
    That's so unfair. We let in people with Es at GCSE! And you're all super-super-selective and rich. We don't even own the land that the school's on! And you can board! And you actually have a proper library and facilities! Nyeeeh!

Plus, the whole "Who has more Oxbridge offers" competition is absolutely unfair. Don't you realise we have 20 people less in the year group?

RT rocks, he's quite good looking too But then, I used to fancy HH so I should just shut up

But well done on getting into Imperial, dearie! Not really even a problem for you at all I believed in you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    In general, did your school achieve good results. Did people do better/worse than expected?
    how do you find out where your school is on the league tables this year? Do you know the web address?

ReputationRep:
    That's so unfair. We let in people with Es at GCSE! And you're all super-super-selective and rich. We don't even own the land that the school's on! And you can board! And you actually have a proper library and facilities! Nyeeeh!

Plus, the whole "Who has more Oxbridge offers" competition is absolutely unfair. Don't you realise we have 20 people less in the year group?

RT rocks, he's quite good looking too But then, I used to fancy HH so I should just shut up

But well done on getting into Imperial, dearie! Not really even a problem for you at all I believed in you!
    Thanks and LOL, they still ask us for money to pay for the library. And my tutor room used to be a portokabin in which the roof was made out of cardboard . And most of our sports takes place at Morgan Road which is co-owned by Abbey School and half our buildings probably haven't been done up since the school was founded in 1125 . Oh and up until about 3 yrs ago, we had acorn computers so that shows how cheap our school is

ReputationRep:
    Surely those rankings are for A2 people though, not AS? So murder the year group above you!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.