The Student Room Group

The pill......... 😬

Ok so.. me and my bf had sex today for the first time without a condom, and omg it was amazing. Who knew it would feel 100000% better. So I want to go in the pill. Because I'm not already on it. But what are the consequences? I know nothing about it really but hear it can cause a few hormonal issues?? Do you still have a period??? And where do you get them from? Thanks guys :smile:
You need the morning after pill if you don't want to get pregnant firstly. Be quick about it the more time you wait the more likely an egg will fertilise. ( they are like £20 )
Secondly you need to do proper research on contraception and find one that will work for you, as there are many disadvantages to the pill; forgetting to take it, side effects like gaining weight, mood swings etc.
Go see your GP and talk about your options. Don't jump on the wave that everyone is on find out what will work for you.
In the mean time condoms work well.
Original post by Bedfe 1
Ok so.. me and my bf had sex today for the first time without a condom, and omg it was amazing. Who knew it would feel 100000% better. So I want to go in the pill. Because I'm not already on it. But what are the consequences? I know nothing about it really but hear it can cause a few hormonal issues?? Do you still have a period??? And where do you get them from? Thanks guys :smile:

First of all, are you old enough to be giving consent? Legal age in the UK is 16 and by the sounds of it you don't sound like you know an awful lot.

Next you need to go to your local Boots pharmacy and get yourself a morning after pill - you don't want to get pregnant since you've just had unprotected sex.

I'm not going to tell you about the pill, you need to go to your local health centre where ever your GP is registered to and find if they have a sexual health clinic, there you can ask to be put on the pill and they will talk through your options.
Reply 3
Original post by MeggiiMae
First of all, are you old enough to be giving consent? Legal age in the UK is 16 and by the sounds of it you don't sound like you know an awful lot.

Next you need to go to your local Boots pharmacy and get yourself a morning after pill - you don't want to get pregnant since you've just had unprotected sex.

I'm not going to tell you about the pill, you need to go to your local health centre where ever your GP is registered to and find if they have a sexual health clinic, there you can ask to be put on the pill and they will talk through your options.

I'm 18 and I didn't let him finish in me so there's a very little chance of anything happening. He wasn't even close so it's all good. Ok thanks though, sounds like I need to get myself down to the doctors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bedfe 1
I'm 18 and I didn't let him finish in me so there's a very little chance of anything happening. He wasn't even close so it's all good. Ok thanks though, sounds like I need to get myself down to the doctors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would get yourself a morning after pill just to be safe, anything can happen and it's just for the best.
Original post by MeggiiMae

You are right! Op does sound a little immature which would suggest maybe she is underage.

Op if you are underage it is 10x more important to go see a GP or go to a health clinic, so you can get some more info and don't run the risk of accidental pregnancy. x
Reply 6
Original post by pfdavina
You are right! Op does sound a little immature which would suggest maybe she is underage.

Op if you are underage it is 10x more important to go see a GP or go to a health clinic, so you can get some more info and don't run the risk of accidental pregnancy. x

I'm 18 and he's 20... I just don't know a lot about it because it's never been an option till now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bedfe 1
I'm 18 and he's 20... I just don't know a lot about it because it's never been an option till now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's good!
Seeing as he didn't finish in you, you are probably okay, although best to be safe than sorry!
Also congrats lol x
Reply 8
Original post by pfdavina
Oh that's good!
Seeing as he didn't finish in you, you are probably okay, although best to be safe than sorry!
Also congrats lol x

Congrats?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You said your first time was great 10000% better than expected so I was congratulating you on that.
Original post by Bedfe 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

you had amazing sex yet he wasn't even close to finishing? Must of sucked for him.

But anyway, that's not the point. You can still get pregnant even if he hasn't finished. Go and get a morning after pill. tomorrow.

rofllll congrats op
Original post by hezzlington
you had amazing sex yet he wasn't even close to finishing? Must of sucked for him.

But anyway, that's not the point. You can still get pregnant even if he hasn't finished. Go and get a morning after pill. tomorrow.

Hang on a minute shes not dumb, obviously they kept their socks on so pregancy under 0.0001%
Reply 13

It just felt amazing. Obviously wouldn't leave him hanging. Sucked him off of course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bedfe 1
It just felt amazing. Obviously wouldn't leave him hanging. Sucked him off of course

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you for sharing that.
Reply 15
Original post by Bedfe 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Smart girl
Reply 16
thank you for sharing that.

You're welcome

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest