An Elephant is murdered every 25 minutes......

Watch
username2553161
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
......for its ivory......

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/tany..._14631030.html

Elephants have roamed the African wilderness for an estimated 55 million years. But over the past century around 90% of Africa’s elephants have been wiped out, mainly due to poaching driven by the global demand for elephant ivory.
Tragically this senseless slaughter continues. On average one African elephant is killed every 25 minutes for its precious tusks, with most ivory being smuggled to Asia, by ruthless criminal syndicates. China, Hong Kong, Thailand and Vietnam all have large legal and illegal ivory markets, where ivory is seen as a luxury status symbol.

Truly terrible how humans treat these intelligent gentle giants.
PTMalewski
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rover73)
Truly terrible how humans treat these intelligent gentle giants.
And as we observe, a rapid extinction of animals can result in unpredictible and dramatic changes in natural environment.

I see this thread is not very popular. I guess if you said that an idiot who contributes nothing to the planet or human civilization but murders elephants, is a worthless trash that should be shot, then this would cause more "interest".

Well, surely if you said that in the EU Parlament, you would be charged for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (211)
43.69%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.59%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.45%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (103)
21.33%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (50)
10.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.59%

Watched Threads