The Student Room Group

Anxiety and Depression - Meeting Tomorrow

Hi everyone,

Yes, I am writing this at nearly 4am. I've been awake all night, worrying about my meeting tomorrow at Uni.

This meeting is for Supportive Monitoring, where I have to show the lecturer all of my work I have done so far for my projects (studying graphic design). I have anxiety disorder and am seeing my doctor about it. The university already knows about it as I had a meeting with them this morning (Tuesday morning!). The lecturer I'm supposed to be seeing knows too since she was in the meeting.

I have already gone to my first supportive monitoring meeting before easter break, and she said that she wanted to see a little more work in my projects when she next sees me (which is tomorrow).

All over easter break, I haven't done any work at all - I've had no motivation to actually do any work, have been struggling to get out of bed let alone getting dressed, and I have been keeping myself awake every night worrying about things.

I just can't go into the meeting tomorrow, not with the same work I had shown her last time, with no improvement. I was going to just not go in and not give them a reason why (since she said to me before that not a lot people turn up for their own supportive monitoring meeting), but I don't want to waste their time waiting for me to show up. I'm thinking about emailing her in the morning about me being absent for it, but I don't know what to say.

I would be really grateful if anyone could help me with the email! I want to let them know that I'm having anxious thoughts about it and that I had a small panic attack earlier too.

Thank you if anyone responds!
Reply 1
You should tell them exactly what you've written here. Seriously. Either in person or over the phone, via email, whatever. But tell them.
I agree with the above poster. Tell her what you've said here. Tell her you haven't done anything and why and ask her what she suggets you could do. Maybe she could help your formulate a manageable plan of action. Don't do this alone.
Email asap to explain you've done no extra work so maybe it's not worth attending the meeting. Seek support.
Reply 4
Thank you all for replying! I've sent the email and just waiting for a reply.

Quick Reply