The Student Room Group

Is this fair?

So this is just about acting on advice I recieved from my parent (mother) which is free and quite useful today though most of the advice is redundant because the things they talk about never happen and it's always just in case! To make sure the children are okay. But today I had to speak to someone today just about how I was getting on and my mother came up. I have been instructed to say what I feel though I think my mum gives awful advice in important situations it was a really appropriate time to say what I felt and it felt good because I like doing what my mum tells me! But unfortunately this involved a death about 12 3/4 years ago and people from my old school or who are related to me may think that this is me crying a bit about it but you know. If the opportunity has arisen I may as well because there's not going to be another chance where my mums advice is going to be completely relevant to use as it was today. Like, not the put on a cotton wool suit before you go outside it was the perfect time for me to do what she asked and it was really great to say what I was feeling. It's not normally fair to be so emotional but I thought that this was unfair for me to be pulled up about being a bit sentimental and letting out what I really felt because the normal thing for men is to bottle it all up then do something silly. Does this warrant me leaving my whole friendship circle behind because I am old enough to just get on by myself I have no care for people anymore really just for society? I've personally been affected by too much shennigans to care what people want I can make decisions that should benefit a lot of those around me and I feel I can garner a lot of likes in a very short space of time because my decision making is very... Astute! Lol. It has not been easy saying this and I felt hard done by today! I really was gobsmacked and I couldn't see how the other people could not interpret how I was acting on advice not yapping because it wasn't random that I was talking about how unfair it was that my brother had passed away because I could relax around him a lot and he was enjoyable to be around. I think I have earned the right to say that at least once in nearly 13 years since his death especially as I am older than he lived to be which is bad too and I only said it out loud today which is surreal it should never happen I see most people live normal lives so I definitely do have a right to feel that this was unfair. I could still be enjoying myself and my options are limited! You know what they say you only have you're family which is true because no one else is going to be as reliable to you as they will be. Just one of those facts... How rude!!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm not completely sure what you are getting at or even what happened. How did you get pulled up?
Reply 2
Original post by Anfanny
I had to speak to someone today just about how I was getting on and my mother came up. I have been instructed to say what I feel though I think my mum gives awful advice in important situations it was a really appropriate time to say what I felt and it felt good because I like doing what my mum tells me! But unfortunately this involved a death about 12 3/4 years ago and people from my old school or who are related to me may think that this is me crying a bit about it but you know. If the opportunity has arisen I may as well because there's not going to be another chance where my mums advice is going to be completely relevant to use as it was today. Like, not the put on a cotton wool suit before you go outside it was the perfect time for me to do what she asked and it was really great to say what I was feeling. It's not normally fair to be so emotional but I thought that this was unfair for me to be pulled up about being a bit sentimental and letting out what I really felt because the normal thing for men is to bottle it all up then do something silly. Does this warrant me leaving my whole friendship circle behind because I am old enough to just get on by myself I have no care for people anymore really just for society? I've personally been affected by too much shennigans to care what people want I can make decisions that should benefit a lot of those around me and I feel I can garner a lot of likes in a very short space of time because my decision making is very... Astute! Lol. It has not been easy saying this and I felt hard done by today! I really was really upset!!!

What type of situation/meeting were you in with regard to you speaking today/yesterday?
Original post by gjd800
I'm not completely sure what you are getting at or even what happened. How did you get pulled up?

Original post by Drez999
What type of situation/meeting were you in with regard to you speaking today/yesterday?

It was a sort of pre - counselling or a assessment of my mental health really as a normal check up! But it was open so other people had listened in to it not that serious but I found this frustrating.
Reply 4
Original post by Anfanny
It was a sort of pre - counselling or a assessment of my mental health really as a normal check up! But it was open so other people had listened in to it not that serious but I found this frustrating.

No matter how difficult things seem, never give up hope.

I truly wish you well for the future.
Original post by Drez999
No matter how difficult things seem, never give up hope.

I truly wish you well for the future.

Thanks but was it fair do you think for not being manly in this situation? I'm disgusted personally.
Reply 6
Original post by Anfanny
Thanks but was it fair do you think for not being manly in this situation? I'm disgusted personally.

It is what it is and nobody can change the past.

I'm sorry if that is not what you wish to hear or if you consider I am being harsh...

I wish you well.
Original post by Drez999
It is what it is and nobody can change the past.

I'm sorry if that is not what you wish to hear or if you consider I am being harsh...

I wish you well.

Thank's very much, appreciate it!
:biggrin:

Quick Reply