The Student Room Group

Help me choose canadian universities

I would like to do a degree in chemical engineering. Which university in canada would offer the best option to study ChemE based on the tuition fees,location and social life. IM AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT BTW. Thank You
Original post by khalisariff
I would like to do a degree in chemical engineering. Which university in canada would offer the best option to study ChemE based on the tuition fees,location and social life. IM AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT BTW. Thank You

When you say 'based on tuition fees' do you mean the cheaper the better? How much can you afford? If money is an issue then I do not think Canadian universities are such a good idea, international fees are very high, Europe (outside the UK) would be a lot cheaper.

McGill University, the University of Toronto and the University of British Columbia are the three best Canadian universities, and the only ones worth paying international fees for in my opinion. They're all located in big cities (Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver respectively), they're obviously all very different in terms of location and climate; Montreal is a French-speaking city and has the coldest winters, Toronto is the most populous and has the hottest summers, and Vancouver is very wet with a large international community. That said, I imagine your social life will be much the same in any of these cities.

Quick Reply

Latest