The Student Room Group

Need help to email a university

Hey, I'd appreciate if you could look at the email I wrote and tell me if there are any mistakes / if I should change anything before I send it.

"Dear Sir or Madam,

This is to request more information about your fashion and marketing course, which I am interested to apply for next year. I am passing the french baccalauréat in June, but I am in the economics and social science stream and I am not studying any art or design-related subject for the baccalauréat. I would be grateful if you could indicate the academic entry requirements for the Fashion and Marketing course for French students.

Thank you in advance for you attention to my request.

Yours sincerely,
........"

Thank you ! :wink:
Original post by edenlny
Hey, I'd appreciate if you could look at the email I wrote and tell me if there are any mistakes / if I should change anything before I send it.

"Dear Sir or Madam,

This is to request more information about your fashion and marketing course, which I am interested to apply for next year. I am passing the french baccalauréat in June, but I am in the economics and social science stream and I am not studying any art or design-related subject for the baccalauréat. I would be grateful if you could indicate the academic entry requirements for the Fashion and Marketing course for French students.

Thank you in advance for you attention to my request.

Yours sincerely,
........"

Thank you ! :wink:

Perfectly fine - the only thing is that when you use sir/madam, you have to finish with 'yours faithfully'
Reply 2
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
Perfectly fine - the only thing is that when you use sir/madam, you have to finish with 'yours faithfully'

Thank you !
Reply 3
There are some errors of basic English - I've suggested the highlighted corrections below:

Original post by edenlny

"Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing (This is) to request more information about your F(f)ashion and M(m)arketing course, as (which) I am interested in applying (to apply) for this next year. I will take (am passing) the F(f)rench B(b)accalauréat in June, but I am in the economics and social science stream and I am not studying any art or design-related subject for the B(b)accalauréat. I would be grateful if you could indicate the academic entry requirements for the Fashion and Marketing course for French students.

Thank you in advance for your advice (attention to my request).

Yours faithfully (sincerely),
........"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending