The Student Room Group

What's stopping you from getting in a relationship? Is your relationship normal?

Poll

What is stopping you from being in a happy relationship?

From long distance relationships, to jealously stopping you from being happy, what are your relationship issues?

Youth charity OnePlusOne have developed this great tool which helps you explore the problems which are stopping you from being in a happy relationship. Have a read of some of their great advice for battling these hurdles.

What do you think is your biggest obstacle? Is confidence stopping you from taking the leap? Is a lack of communication killing the honeymoon period?

Did you find the tool useful?

Scroll to see replies

I am too beautiful :frown:
Shyness and anxiety... :colondollar:
Reply 3
No one wants to date me :laugh::laugh:
Reply 4
By choice. Not by my choice though.
Original post by UWS

Haha! I know how you feel!!!!!
Too shy to actually ask in fear of rejection. There's this one girl who looks at me a lot but I don't know if she's interested coz my friend told her I have a gf
No my relationships are absolutely not normal. My confidence and communication skills are good, I do have jealousy / trust issues but I don't show it, the real issue I have is finding someone who actually likes me and doesn't just run away after saying how great I am and spending the weekend together.
I am going to university soon, so I rather wait and have a long term relationship than a short one :h:
Reply 9
Long Distance...
Finance and Family are the main issues otherwise very happy :smile:
I am dating food, it's alright.
I don't see the point of them in secondary school
1. Not pretty enough
2. Don't socialize enough
3. I don't even like people so meh
Reply 13
Original post by UWS

Attachment not found
I'm in a perfectly happy and harmonious relationship with my computer! :smile:

Spoiler

My desperateness combined with unrealistically high standards and bad luck is the reason behind me having no relationship
I have bad social anxiety and not a lot of confidence with how I look at the minute. Plus the fact I have zero opportunities to meet anyone at the minute
Having been burned and lied to so many times in the past, it has just put me right off completely, so many times I have had a girl say to me I won't be like the others.
Because I have no interest in dating anyone. I tend to attract people who are desperate.
No life haha. I'm alright with girls when I have a life.

Quick Reply

Latest