bex52
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I've received an offer for Dundee Art school 2nd year entry which would only be 3 days a week. I currently stay in Glasgow have a job etc. here which I really enjoy and don't want to leave. I'm just not so keen on the idea of moving away to Dundee and I'm hoping to stay in Glasgow, do you think its possible to actually commute 3 days a week to Dundee?
Friffinghell
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's an hour and a half by train from Queen st. Don't fancy it in the morning or at rush hour.
Anna-1801
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Friffinghell)
It's an hour and a half by train from Queen st. Don't fancy it in the morning or at rush hour.
It's really tough to drive it as the traffic at rush hour is horrendous. You would need to leave well before 7am to get there for 9. Samson the way home- you would be better to stay in Dundee until about 6pm and miss the traffic.

So yes you could do it by car but it would be a very long day - say 7am to 8pm. Plus parking costs of course.

It would be less stressful by train but still a very long day. Depends how long it takes you to get from your home to queen st station and from Dundee station to your college . It's about a 20 min walk to the main university campus at the Dundee end.

So it also depends on the times you have to be in Dundee - is it 9-5?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (53)
21.03%
Unconditional if firmed (20)
7.94%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.79%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (6)
2.38%
No unconditional offers (171)
67.86%

Watched Threads