The Student Room Group

Why do Europe need immigrants when Japan didn't?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sarahsez
Liberal Hero Angela Merkel: multiculturalism has 'utterly failed'

Not an argument Susan!
Original post by StrawbAri
Which other immigrant groups causes trouble integrate uk at present?

Is this meant to be some joke?

Every immigrant group has its own quirks and peculiarities and problematic issues associated with it.

I would say that there is some trend between socioeconomic group and integration. Immigrants, and their British born descendents, who are in higher socioeconomic groups tend to integrate better with both indigenous Britons and people of different ethnic groups who are also in a similar socioeconomic group than their counterparts in lower socioeconomic groups who tend to ghettoise and stick with their traditional culture lifestyles.

However, one cannot ignore the seedier side of business ventures and corrupt behaviour in the name of profit by immigrants and their British born descendents. Highly skilled and qualified professionals tend to be better integrated than wealthy but shrewd businessmen are.
Because

Japanese are not White.

As a White person you have no culture, because you are White

France has no culture, Ireland has no culture, Italy has no culture..

Sorry didn't you know?

It's all to do with destroying White populations by replacing it with others

I'd rather be called a fascist White supremacist and support the destruction of my own race.

White people should be upset, they should be angry. At your governments who insist on continuing to do this.

There's nothing we can do now. It's too late. Especially with demographic change, and non-White vote taking over.

Non-White people have their own interests, while you Whites vote for people against yours LOL
Reply 23
Add Korea, India and china too!!
The choices are:
-Accept the consequences of a bad demography
-Accept lots of immigrants to replace the ageing and declining native population
-Boost the native birth rate

- Invest in robotics and technology which is Japan also developing.

There is an interesting theory that slavery in America in fact stagnated civilisation for hunderts of years and without slavery we could have been in space right now.

There was a developed pattent for a machine for picking cotton, yet the slave owners did not wished to invest into it since they did not felt a financiral pressure. If they had there would not be a need to importing slaves, and even further technological developments would be encouraged.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 25
Europe can learn somuch from Japan. A proud nation even with their ageing population still prosper and most importantly put their own people first like it should be.

Can we really only conceive of a successful economy as one where the population increases year after year? By this measure, Pakistan and many African countries should be screaming success stories. They’re not.

Japan, China and South Korea have proven that a country can be successful without immigration. Japan doesn't even have resources such as oil but through sheer hard work succeeded
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 26
Why have I not heard leftists clamouring for immigration into Japan? Japan is 98.5 % Japanese. Surely that means that they need more diversity? Everyone has a right to live wherever they want, right?
Europe can learn somuch from Japan. A proud nation even with their ageing population still prosper and most importantly put their own people first like it should be.

Can we really only conceive of a successful economy as one where the population increases year after year? By this measure, Pakistan and many African countries should be screaming success stories. They’re not.

Japan, China and South Korea have proven that a country can be successful without immigration. Japan doesn't even have resources such as oil but through sheer hard work succeeded

Japan's economy is hardly something to aspire to, given it's not really done anything since stagnating in 1990. It's also got the highest debt to GDP ratio of any major developed nation, and unemployment has generally trended upwards since. Hence why you see so many fiscal policies such as Abenomics coming along to try and stimulate some sort of growth, and which hasn't proved a very successful one.

As others have highlighted, it's not helped by the demographic shifts we see in Japan. The debate is returning in Japan regarding immigration, as they are considering loosening restrictions for certain areas of work to ease employment.

Of course, this is all hindered by the LDP of Japan. A quite conservative, sort of 'old boys club' party that's pretty much governed continuously since it was created. I suspect there to be little change regarding immigration, even though it could very well offer the boost Japan needs.
(edited 6 years ago)
They have a seriously ageing population. However, that are doing better as their youth are actually ready to work. The British youth, who are non migrants, can't be bothered to work low paid jobs such as farming. Therefore, you need migrants to fill those positions.
Reply 29
Original post by MrDystopia
Japan's economy is hardly something to aspire to, given it's not really done anything since stagnating in 1990. It's also got the highest debt to GDP ratio of any major developed nation, and unemployment has generally trended upwards since. Hence why you see so many fiscal policies such as Abenomics coming along to try and stimulate some sort of growth, and which hasn't proved a very successful one.

As others have highlighted, it's not helped by the demographic shifts we see in Japan. The debate is returning in Japan regarding immigration, as they are considering loosening restrictions for certain areas of work to ease employment.

Of course, this is all hindered by the LDP of Japan. A quite conservative, sort of 'old boys club' party that's pretty much governed continuously since it was created. I suspect there to be little change regarding immigration, even though it could very well offer the boost Japan needs.

@The Financier

Because mass immigration is happening to Europe only ... China isn't being forced to take on foreigners, India isn't being forced to take on foreigners,etc. Just Europe.... it must be white guilt.
Reply 30
Original post by Onde
The Japanese economy has been largely stagnant over the last 30 years, so I would not say Japan is a good example to cite of a country that does not need immigration.

Immigration in general give new innovative companies the opportunity to start, which creates more job opportunities and a growing economy.

Original post by MrDystopia

@The Financier

Haha ridiculous. Even then in 2017, the economy of Japan is the third-largest in the world by nominal GDP and the fourth-largest by purchasing power parity (PPP), and is the world's second largest developed economy. Ahead of EVERY European country. We should all aspire to Japan's economy achievements. And best of all , they didn't need immigrants from third world countries with incompatible beliefs and values.Europeans must be so jealous!

Oh and btw https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/the-japanese-economy-is-growing-again-2016-5
Haha ridiculous. Even then in 2017, the economy of Japan is the third-largest in the world by nominal GDP and the fourth-largest by purchasing power parity (PPP), and is the world's second largest developed economy. Ahead of EVERY European country. We should all aspire to Japan's economy achievements. And best of all , they didn't need immigrants from third world countries with incompatible beliefs and values.Europeans must be so jealous!

Oh and btw https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/the-japanese-economy-is-growing-again-2016-5

No they needed economic assistance from the US instead.
Reply 32
I visited Japan recently, loved how Japanese it was they rules, no signs in English, foreigners lived there too quite happily enjoying the same culture and virtues. Furthermore, not perfect by any means but they have much lower crime rates and a thriving economy. We get stuffed with multiculturalism and political correctness and look how we have to live! I'm sick of being proud of my heritage but being made to feel I am somehow a racist for doing so, multiculturalism as an ideal is nice but it doesn't work. I feel robbed of any identity these days, minority cultures win out and not allowed to promote my own. This Rochdale scum was allowed to fester because the do gooders kept patting themselves on the back saying how great it all was whilst our children were being abused on a monumental scale. There are a lot of people who should hang their heads in utter shame.
Japan's native population is about 98 percent. One of the most successful countries in modern times. Unlike other countries they couldn't rely on oil etc but through sheer hard work and technological advances .Maybe they know something the clueless European leaders don't.

I think it's also relevant to point out they've not had a single terrorist attack.

Look up the Kalergi plan. It is the intention of a 'United Europe' - to remove everything that is European.
Does Japan have Marxist, Trotskyite, or anti-fascist outfits like Britain has?
According to liberals mass immigration is nothing but sunshine and buttercups.

[video="youtube;rXLnE9DmH1M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLnE9DmH1M[/video]
Original post by Correctthink
According to liberals mass immigration is nothing but sunshine and buttercups.

[video="youtube;rXLnE9DmH1M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLnE9DmH1M[/video]

Still waiting to see where he said Japan needs mass immigration.
You didn't watch the whole video that quickly, don't lie, literally 20 seconds after I posted it.
Japan has problems of its own, it's not all sunshine and daisies over there.
Which country doesn't? I bet you'd rather live in Japan over Ghana though if you had to choose.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending