The Student Room Group

she knows I like her... what next?

There is a girl in my close social circle at uni which i have started to like. I didnt like her but as ive got to know her, I have fell for her.

She knows I like her. The reason being I have made my intentions clear by flirting with her. A mutual friend (god knows what reason), messaged the girl I like and said 'check john out hitting on you'...

I asked the mutual friend what she replied. she started getting all flaky and mumbling her words. She just said she said 'I know'. she then said 'it was ages ago, and if you ask her out, run your date plan with me'

Anway the girl I like. I upped the flirting over Easter, it was in the group chat. three other buys and two girls. Everytime I dropped a flirty line, she always repiled with a joke or something. (obvs a girl will never get flirty when others can see it).

1. now that she knows I like her, how would she react? if she likes me back, or if she doesnt and doesnt want to lead me on. (her personality before, was that she would always tease me, my friend said she doesnt do it with anyone else).

2. its exam season, is it risky waiting four weeks? She is a girl who gets stressed easily, and im sure it reduces my chances. I know for a fact, that I wont really be my self, becuase im really quite stressed.
Tone it down for now and focus on your exams. Get in touch with her again at the end of May, see if it can continue.
Original post by Anonymous
There is a girl in my close social circle at uni which i have started to like. I didnt like her but as ive got to know her, I have fell for her.

She knows I like her. The reason being I have made my intentions clear by flirting with her. A mutual friend (god knows what reason), messaged the girl I like and said 'check john out hitting on you'...

I asked the mutual friend what she replied. she started getting all flaky and mumbling her words. She just said she said 'I know'. she then said 'it was ages ago, and if you ask her out, run your date plan with me'

Anway the girl I like. I upped the flirting over Easter, it was in the group chat. three other buys and two girls. Everytime I dropped a flirty line, she always repiled with a joke or something. (obvs a girl will never get flirty when others can see it).

1. now that she knows I like her, how would she react? if she likes me back, or if she doesnt and doesnt want to lead me on. (her personality before, was that she would always tease me, my friend said she doesnt do it with anyone else).

2. its exam season, is it risky waiting four weeks? She is a girl who gets stressed easily, and im sure it reduces my chances. I know for a fact, that I wont really be my self, becuase im really quite stressed.

When you find someone you like the normal approach is to communicate and ask them out on a date or are you expecting her to ask you out?
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
Tone it down for now and focus on your exams. Get in touch with her again at the end of May, see if it can continue.

There wont be much chance to flirt more, as everyone will be rushing around. After may, should I just message her and ask her out for dinner.
You could tell her how you really feel and that you are prepared to wait until after exams to begin anything?
To be honest I'm the kind of girl who has asked guys out. I'm very direct with my feelings. But not every girl will do that. They like to be asked first.

All of this can continue for an awfully long time- so why not just cut to the chase and ask her in a private message? On a side note I'd keep flirting for personal messages too xD
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
When you find someone you like the normal approach is to communicate and ask them out on a date or are you expecting her to ask you out?

no, but how will she react, now that she knows I like her?

Will she shut herself down, to hint that she doesnt want to take things further?
Mate if she liked you, then she would've given you hints by now.

Never let a girl know you like her this early
no, but how will she react, now that she knows I like her?

Will she shut herself down, to hint that she doesnt want to take things further?

If you ask her on a date then she might say yes i.e she's interested in you or she might say no= shes not interested at the moment. Its a risk but one thing we know at the moment if you dont ask then you will never go on a date with her.
Reply 9
Original post by Player #1
Mate if she liked you, then she would've given you hints by now.

Never let a girl know you like her this early

she is a shy girl, and the only hints she has given is...

she always teases me (not seen her do this to anyone else)

her body direction tend to face me

and she plays along to the cusaul flirty (if she didnt like it, surly she would ignore them).
Coming from a girl's POV I think you should concentrate on your exams for now...It's deffo not risky waiting 4 weeks because I'm pretty sure you'd rather do well in your exams than lose out on a girl that you can always come back to. I'm sure she is interested in you but if she gets stressed easily then she's thinking about her exams. Continue how you are with her for now but as soon as you have finished your exams I'd probs advise you to ask her out somewhere to talk about the both of you- I'm sure she will appreciate it if you were direct with her rather than being indirect. AND never get your friends to do anything- it's a sign of weakness where a girl thinks you can't talk for yourself.
she is a shy girl, and the only hints she has given is...

she always teases me (not seen her do this to anyone else)

her body direction tend to face me

and she plays along to the cusaul flirty (if she didnt like it, surly she would ignore them).

What always works is if you can subtly convince her to hang out with you alone.
"Maybe we can catch the new di caprio movie" if she agrees it shows she's interested
have you ever hung out alone? maybe flirt with her some more, keep showing her you are interested. its exam season but continue to message her now and again so she doesnt think you have forgotten about her.

Quick Reply

Latest