mojoanna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there, I'm just wondering if anybody has asked for feedback following a rejection from an audition to a performing arts school? It seems like it's just not something people do, but as I got through to the final recall at Rose Bruford, then waited for 2 weeks, before getting the UCAS notification that I was rejected, I'd really like to know what tipped the balance for me, so I know how to improve for other auditions (or for them again next year!).

Has anyone rung up and asked for feedback at any time, and if so, what response did you get?

Thanks,

Jo
markova21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi. Sorry to hear about that. Don't know about Drama Schools, but as an ex Professional Dancer I know that nowadays students can ask Vocational Dance and Ballet Schools for audition feedback. There was nothing like that in my day. The only difference being that it is usually the young dancer's local dance school teacher who requests this, and the information is then given directly to the teacher, not the student/ candidate.Even then they are not obligated to do so, and often people have remarked that the actual feedback given is very vague anyway. I would suggest you contact Rose Bruford School and ask. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, and all that. The best of luck.
HollyB_101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there,

This is sad to hear! I've heard this is common ground in a lot of performing arts colleges. I recently auditioned at BRICTT (Brighton Institute for Contemporary Theatre Training) and they gave me really constructive feedback on each audition piece. If you're still looking for somewhere to study they're still taking auditions for this year, you should have a look! - brictt.co.uk
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Musical Theatre Undergraduate
    Fri, 13 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (29)
45.31%
No (16)
25%
I'm not old enough (19)
29.69%

Watched Threads