Api00
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've literally been telling myself for the past 2 days I can't cope and haven't been doing enough revision as I've been constantly stressing. Im crying all the time without reason and my GCSEs are in 3 weeks & im so scared. I can't deal with it, somebody help before I completely collapse...
helloworld3736
Badges: 18
Report 4 years ago
Maybe take some time to either have a longer break to release stress, or if you still want to revise for the moment, revise your favourite subject or a fun way of revising. I'm sure you'll succeed. Best of luck!
sallo1998
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you tried talking to anyone about this(teachers, friends, parents etc.). If youre sturggling with your studies your teachers can help you with that. The more you stress out the more harm you will do to yourself. Go out for a walk maybe to calm yourself down, clear your head. I know its a hard time as youve got loads of exams and subjects but if you dont have a clear mind you will struggle more. Im doing Alevels right now, and Im so much better(mentally) compared to last year when I was doing my AS levels. Have you tried doing a revision timetable? That has helped me a lot! I sat down and done it in an hour and has calmed me down so much. Instead of thinking what to study that day, I just open my timetable, look at it and get to work! Good luck in your GCSE's and Im sure you will do great in them!
Lemons1990
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Please talk to someone you trust.
Api00
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
This is where you need to get blinkered and focus only on what is in front of you.
Your revision plan should be a countdown of doing the bst you can in the 21 days left plus allowing for any spare days between exams.

Sleep 8 hrs a day, plus any school, plus eat time 2hrs . plus relax time 1-2hrs.

On a good day you have 10hrs available.

That is 200hours of potential revision or if you wnat to be less hardcore then 100 hours. Make a plan of what the most important things to revise are. Look at exam papers for 20%, 30-50% and then 50-80% in the 3 weeks.

You can cope and will cope. Repeat it.

The only thing you need to do is your best. You can cry and worry after the exams but you dont have time to spare now. Everyone can try their best and that should be good enough. There is always the option of retakes.

If you follow the above then a good outcome is considerably more likely than if you worry and stress. be brave and just do it.
I am not retaking. I'm planning to get a*s & as
Api00
Rep:
?
I do but I can't help but stress
(Original post by Lemons1990)
Please talk to someone you trust.
Api00
Rep:
?
(Original post by dxvid)
Maybe take some time to either have a longer break to release stress, or if you still want to revise for the moment, revise your favourite subject or a fun way of revising. I'm sure you'll succeed. Best of luck!
I am but now I'm stressing about my favourite/easy subjects cos my stress is becoming excessive 😔
helloworld3736
Badges: 18
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Api00)
I am but now I'm stressing about my favourite/easy subjects cos my stress is becoming excessive 😔
Maybe relax for some time, however you find yourself in that mindset.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Api00)
I am not retaking. I'm planning to get a*s & as
Sorry for mentioning it.
Api00
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Sorry for mentioning it.
Sorry I didn't mean to sound rude it's just I hate the concept of retaking, I need to do it right the first time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (35)
15.28%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (70)
30.57%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (28)
12.23%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (19)
8.3%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (13)
5.68%
I think it's an unfair expectation (61)
26.64%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.31%

Watched Threads