Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've met my offer from Bristol and it's now midday on the day after results, but the UCAS tracker still hasn't updated to say I'm in. Considering Bristol should have had my results all week and I actually exceeded my offer I'm a bit concerned that nothing's been confirmed? Should I be calling them to see if anything's gone awry, or is this normal? I know it takes a while for them to process decisions, but as mine's fairly straightforward and others have heard back from Bristol, I was hoping it might have appeared by today. Any advice, or am I just worrying unnecessarily?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    I've met my offer from Bristol and it's now midday on the day after results, but the UCAS tracker still hasn't updated to say I'm in. Considering Bristol should have had my results all week and I actually exceeded my offer I'm a bit concerned that nothing's been confirmed? Should I be calling them to see if anything's gone awry, or is this normal? I know it takes a while for them to process decisions, but as mine's fairly straightforward and others have heard back from Bristol, I was hoping it might have appeared by today. Any advice, or am I just worrying unnecessarily?
    if you got the grades which meets the conditional offer then i wouldnt worry too much about it....but give your uni a call if you really wanna find out.

i heard a few people's been having problems with UCAS....

and for some reason, UCAS has just taken off my "accepted" status on their website.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i got the grades and looked on ucas at 12pm on thursday and it said accepted. I would ring them, better safe than sorry!

ReputationRep:
    similar thing happened with me - i made my conditional offer requirements and my first choice on ucas tracker is not confirming. I phoned ucas this morning and they said that they can only update once they get confirmation from the uni and that mine has not yet responded - and that it could even take a few more days. Then I phoned the uni but after being handed from person to person I was told the "person who deals with my course won't be in till monday" (unbelievable at this time). So I have to keep checking ucas in the slight hope that the uni has someone else to deal "with my course" before the "person responsible returns on monday".

Incidentally, my first choice has been pretty untogether from the first contact months ago whereas my insurance choice has been outstanding in its communication. It's the type of factor that may even prompt me to consider my insurance. If the first is like this now, what will they be like when I'm there?

So, after all that, some unis seem to take longer than others but ucas assured me that if i met my offer requirements, there won't be a problem.

Good luck :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dizz)
    similar thing happened with me - i made my conditional offer requirements and my first choice on ucas tracker is not confirming. I phoned ucas this morning and they said that they can only update once they get confirmation from the uni and that mine has not yet responded - and that it could even take a few more days. Then I phoned the uni but after being handed from person to person I was told the "person who deals with my course won't be in till monday" (unbelievable at this time). So I have to keep checking ucas in the slight hope that the uni has someone else to deal "with my course" before the "person responsible returns on monday".
    lol can i ask what uni you 'going' to? coz that sounds like the uselessness of my uni. exact same thign happen with me...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    city uni london (cass business school - which makes it even more ironic: good businesss should equal good communication) is my first choice and surrey my insurance. what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dizz)
    city uni london (cass business school - which makes it even more ironic: good businesss should equal good communication) is my first choice and surrey my insurance. what about you?
    ahh right, yeah. lol..

i'm going to university of westminster. in central london. last time i called to ask about my room, i spent half an hour on the phone being redirected all over the place then when i get to the person they told me they've lost my application. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for all your help and advice guys (especially PQ )
    I phoned Bristol yesterday just to put my mind at rest, and turned out they hadn't received any of my results from UCAS for some reason! So I faxed my results slips over yesterday afternoon and am just hoping they'll confirm my place now. Moral of the story is, if you're still not sure, call the uni just in case there's been a mix-up.
    Thanks again

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.