The Student Room Group

started working mcdonalds but no bank account and need a day off on second day?

Started working in mcdonalds but i havent got a bank account, can i get a pay chque ( this is what i heard ) , also i need a day off on my second day for a uni interview, is this possible too.
Sorry to read you have been unable to find an alternative job.
You could get a cheque but where would you pay it in to ?

It's really simple to set up an basic bank account , only takes a few minutes. I just did it recently with Santander but there's loads of banks : lloyds tsb , RBS , Halifax, NatWest . It's free to open a basic account with them. Your HR at work can probably assist with this.

As for days off , speak to your line manager , they're the only person who can authorise this .
Why don't you message to your boss?
Original post by Supernova91
You could get a cheque but where would you pay it in to ?

It's really simple to set up an basic bank account , only takes a few minutes. I just did it recently with Santander but there's loads of banks : lloyds tsb , RBS , Halifax, NatWest . It's free to open a basic account with them. Your HR at work can probably assist with this.

As for days off , speak to your line manager , they're the only person who can authorise this .

iv applied and just need to go into branch w ID and letter of address. Dunno how long its gonna take tho?
Original post by AinXoGotToGo
iv applied and just need to go into branch w ID and letter of address. Dunno how long its gonna take tho?

Just get that done ASAP. It shouldn't take long. As for the day off, you'll just have to ask your manager and hope they're feeling nice.

Quick Reply

Latest