The Student Room Group

How to get over a relationship when I have no one?

The relationship didn't end because we had problems- she didn't feel ready to be in one. It was new-ish but we were very close so I'm really hurting over it. Lots of the things she said/did contradicted one another and when I tried to talk to her about it it ended up with her not talking to me. She's currently ignoring me and I don't know if we're going to talk again.

It was long distance (we have met) so I can't go over and talk to her about it in person. I want to not like her anymore and not be hurting over us not talking but I only have a couple friends and neither are very emotionally supportive.

How am I meant to not think about my time with her and want to talk to her when I have literally no one else to distract myself with? I think about her just as much as when we were together and it's making me miserable.
Reply 1
bump
why don't u give it a few days and then talk to her?
We will give you support don't worry bro.PM me anytime if ur feeling upset.My best advice is listen to music or watch a movie.Relax for now:biggrin:

Hope u feel better soon and everything goes well with her
Original post by Anonymous
The relationship didn't end because we had problems- she didn't feel ready to be in one. It was new-ish but we were very close so I'm really hurting over it. Lots of the things she said/did contradicted one another and when I tried to talk to her about it it ended up with her not talking to me. She's currently ignoring me and I don't know if we're going to talk again.

It was long distance (we have met) so I can't go over and talk to her about it in person. I want to not like her anymore and not be hurting over us not talking but I only have a couple friends and neither are very emotionally supportive.

How am I meant to not think about my time with her and want to talk to her when I have literally no one else to distract myself with? I think about her just as much as when we were together and it's making me miserable.

LDRs are difficult to maintain, I mean she could just bang someone behind your back and you'd never know (you could do the same). Think of it like this, all the travel to see each other, not being with each other that often, it is difficult. You and her will be both happier being with someone closer.

Only time can heal stuff like this, you can keep yourself busy which will help but only after a while you'll get over it-try and meet as many new people as you can, who knows who you could meet next? :happy2:
Original post by Anonymous

This is literally 99% of everyone ever to be dumped in a relationship. You're not alone in feeling this way, let yourself feel like :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: for a while and then work yourself to moving on. I don't know the point when you suddenly realise that you're over it, but it does happen, in due time. Time heals the pain of a past relationship.

There is very little you can do to salvage a relationship when your ex isn't ready to do so. Respect her space and move on for yourself, rather than moving on in the hopes that she will return.

Quick Reply

Latest