The Student Room Group

Maths vs Further Maths results

Heyo, I have an offer which includes Further Maths as one of the conditional grades but not (normal) Maths. I heard that the aggregation always maximises the Maths grade before the Further Maths grade and was wondering if, come results day, I could appeal this and change which modules go where to maximise the Further Maths grade instead? Cheers x
Reply 1
I have no idea but i also want to know about this, i need an A in maths and an A in further and the way they weighted my AS Modules i have an unnecessarily high UMS in Maths and a borderline A in F Maths and it's so annoying because i'd be standing at a 90% average across Maths and F Maths but it's so stupidly skewed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheTimK
Heyo, I have an offer which includes Further Maths as one of the conditional grades but not (normal) Maths. I heard that the aggregation always maximises the Maths grade before the Further Maths grade and was wondering if, come results day, I could appeal this and change which modules go where to maximise the Further Maths grade instead? Cheers x

No.
The only exception is to enable a pass in FM if you would otherwise fail it completely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by gdunne42
No.
The only exception is to enable a pass in FM if you would otherwise fail it completely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So if Im getting an A* in maths and a B in fmaths, i cant change it to an A in both??
Original post by TheTimK
So if Im getting an A* in maths and a B in fmaths, i cant change it to an A in both??

No. The rules say no request other than to turn a fail in FM to a pass would normally be allowed. As the maths A* is dependent on the c3 and 4 results i don't think it's possible to be in the position you describe.

Double check with your exams office but the rules on grading are very clear.

http://www.jcq.org.uk/Download/exams-office/entries/gce-maths-information/gce-maths-aggregation-rules---guidance-for-heis

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest