Tired of bullying because of appearance Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I wear glasses and am a geek. I am kind of average looking and get made fun of a lot. Now that I am older I am really tired of it as I have had to put up with it my entire life. I am not ugly bit not good looking enough to be accepted or liked/ popular so people are often horrible to me and I am fed up with it.
Pigster
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well... don't bully people because of their appearance.

Oh. I really should read more than the thread title.
DogeOfDisaproval
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry to hear that. Like the above person said try to ignore them or alternatively punch one of them in the face.
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I wear glasses and am a geek. I am kind of average looking and get made fun of a lot. Now that I am older I am really tired of it as I have had to put up with it my entire life. I am not ugly bit not good looking enough to be accepted or liked/ popular so people are often horrible to me and I am fed up with it.
Glasses often make people more attractive as they add symmetry to the face, tbh the problem is probably the people you are hanging out with.

There are sometimes popular girls that only talk to attractive people (I have seen this) but its rare. Most people in my school dont care about appearence.

I think you are being too hard on yourself, maybe people dont like you coz of something else like you said you are average looking so it may not be appearence
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
No ignoring it doesn't work I have tried that eventually it still gets to you now I have become an almost recluse because I get so tired of it
sunnydespair
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Trust me, you need to believe in yourself. Work hard, exercise, do charity work and enjoy your life, and you will be fine
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ignoring doesn't really work...been there...
Hard work on your confidence and maybe a bit of work on your image does the work.

Feel free to talk to me if you want?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (40)
32.52%
No I don't (57)
46.34%
I work during the holidays (26)
21.14%

Watched Threads