The Student Room Group

No funding

As I took two years of my funding at a different university then left, I'm unable to get funding for my first year at Leeds, student finance however does allow me funding for my rent, but not my tuition fee or living costs.

Are there any More options for me as I really want to go to university as I've found the right course
Reply 1
Original post by helloh
As I took two years of my funding at a different university then left, I'm unable to get funding for my first year at Leeds, student finance however does allow me funding for my rent, but not my tuition fee or living costs.

Are there any More options for me as I really want to go to university as I've found the right course

Why would there be funding if there's no funding?

You need to get a job.
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
Why would there be funding if there's no funding?

You need to get a job.

I'm asking what my options are, I already have a job but it's unlikely I can whip up £9000 for September.
Reply 3
Original post by helloh
I'm asking what my options are, I already have a job but it's unlikely I can whip up £9000 for September.

Then don't go till you can afford it. There's not a bottomless pit of tax payer money. You already know there is no funding, and you must be somewhat intelligent if you think you can manage university, so you must realise the implications of that.
Reply 4
Original post by Juno
Then don't go till you can afford it. There's not a bottomless pit of tax payer money. You already know there is no funding, and you must be somewhat intelligent if you think you can manage university, so you must realise the implications of that.

I was simply asking if there was options for me, not demanding I got money, I was simply asking a question.
Reply 5
Original post by helloh

Unfortunately not. There are no commercial bank loans for undergraduate study. I was in your situation and had to save up to fund my first year myself.
Reply 6
Original post by Juno
And I'm simply giving you an answer that you're too stupid to work out for yourself

Relax you charlatan. This is a student forum and anyone can ask whatever they like.

Now go clean your bike.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I believe because you already received funding for a full course which you then left for reasons that are non essential (e.g. illness, caring responsibilities) then you will only receive maintenance loan but not the course fee loan. The government invested in you and gave you the opportunity to study already, why should they fund you again.
Can you go part time for the first (full) year?

Quick Reply