ReputationRep:
    which would you advise?
    for medicine/engineering?

cheers...

(Original post by Sza)
    which would you advise?
    for medicine/engineering?

cheers...
    There is fewer text books/revision guides for Human biology and it is less widely accepted for university entry.

I did Human Biology and I enjoyed it much more than I would have enjoyed the standard Biology course, but I did kinda regreted it in the second year when looking for a uni... and something to revise from!

Human biology will give you no extra advantage.

Take the 'ed' off regreted and that makes more sense...

ReputationRep:
    This is the advice I was given.

Some old fashion universitys still for some reason think that human bio is for dossers and don't look upon it as well as real biology. This is of course complete nonsense because human bio is actually harder and its more relevant to medicine in content but I don't really think it would make a difference to your application for medicine or engineering. They're as good as each other. You still have to learn about plants though so if you're trying to get away from the green stuff think again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    There is fewer text books/revision guides for Human biology and it is less widely accepted for university entry.

I did Human Biology and I enjoyed it much more than I would have enjoyed the standard Biology course, but I did kinda regreted it in the second year when looking for a uni... and something to revise from!

Human biology will give you no extra advantage.

why do you regret it when looking for a uni????

Toyosi - i didn't know that unis thought that... (i know its nonsense but still)...

(Original post by Sza)
    why do you regret it when looking for a uni????

Toyosi - i didn't know that unis thought that... (i know its nonsense but still)...
    For a while I was looking to do a BSc Biology degree (because for some reason I find it strangely easy) and Imperial said that my grade would have to be an A in Human Biology whereas if I had done normal Biology the requirement would have been a B.

A friend of mine also applied to do nursing and was told they look far more favourably upon Biology. Which seems very stupid I know...

I still think that is far more interesting as you don't have to learn about cows.

ReputationRep:
    My headmaster told me.

Since the only compulsory subject for medicine is chemistry, I cant see that it matter which you do, biology or human biology. I think youre very lucky to have a chance to do human biology and im sure itll help you a lot in the first year of a medical degree, as well as being more interesting. To be on the safe side, why not email a few medical schools and ask them how they view it?

ReputationRep:
    Biology Definatly

Every1 has alway told me dat da admission tutors prefer bio cos it indicates a broad knowledge

+ H. bio is more borin believe or not cos plants + **** r easy!

Kuz

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.