The Student Room Group

If a guy takes AGES to reply is it because he's not interested?

It's so frustrating. I've been "seeing" this guy for a month or so - if you can even call it that because he takes so long to reply!!! Usually i just one text per day and he has even taken 3 days to reply once. It's NOT HARD to reply to a text... like what else can he be doing? I have a lot of uni work AND a very active social life and I can still reply to messages reasonably fast... i just don't understand.

He does work very long, stressful hours in the city and I was really understanding about that but now I'm starting to feel it's an excuse I'm giving him.
Reply 1
I was gonna say I'm quite bad for not replying to texts or messages, but I'm hours bad, not 3 days bad hahaha.
Reply 2
3 days is pretty bad, unless he simply forgot then it's strange... Some people aren't texters though, they prefer to communicate either over a call or in person.
Original post by Anonymous

He does work very long, stressful hours in the city

Is generally a good excuse not to be spending time on personal messages during the day tbh. Sounds to me like he waits probably until he gets home to answer messages, which if you're in a busy environment is sometimes necessary. 3 days is sort of annoying but if that's not usual, perhaps he had an exceptional workload for a couple of days and was at it around the clock. Uni work is not the same. It may be heavy but you can still basically do it when you feel like it. Obviously fitting stuff around your social life is different too.
Reply 4
Not necessarily. I would guess that most of the time you message him while he's working in which case he probably checks it but doesn't have time to reply. Then after work he has already forgotten about it so doesn't answer.

Uni is way easier with time than work. I suggest maybe you time your messages better. And just because he didn't answer one you've sent a day or two ago, doesn't mean you can't send another one.
yes totally, sorry to be the one who breaks it to you. I've had this conversation with my friend so many damn times i get close to banging my head (or hers) on the table sometimes. I tell you what I tell her - men aren't fussy, they don't mess around and are very, VERY determined to get the best. like if they see a car they like, they reserve it or make sure they buy it quick. Likewise they know if theres a hot woman they like who is single and showing some interest in him he ain't gonna take his time to reply to her, out of fear that he may lose her to someone else. so no matter how super busy he is or how tired he is, if he likes you believe me he WILL reply... probably too much

if he takes his time - then please take the hint

no matter how many excuses he feeds you with

pfft 'too busy to reply', in todays day and age when manz has a phone superglued to his hand theres no such thing as 'too busy' to send a simple text daily if he claims he likes you..
Original post by Anonymous
yes totally, sorry to be the one who breaks it to you. I've had this conversation with my friend so many damn times i get close to banging my head (or hers) on the table sometimes. I tell you what I tell her - men aren't fussy, they don't mess around and are very, VERY determined to get the best. like if they see a car they like, they reserve it or make sure they buy it quick. Likewise they know if theres a hot woman they like who is single and showing some interest in him he ain't gonna take his time to reply to her, out of fear that he may lose her to someone else. so no matter how super busy he is or how tired he is, if he likes you believe me he WILL reply... probably too much

if he takes his time - then please take the hint

no matter how many excuses he feeds you with

pfft 'too busy to reply', in todays day and age when manz has a phone superglued to his hand theres no such thing as 'too busy' to send a simple text daily if he claims he likes you..

^he/she has a point. I've noticed that the guys who like me will always text me daily. ones who took a while eventually fizzled out, i was pretty much kept as a back up.

Quick Reply

Latest