The Student Room Group

Oxford with A's and B's at A-Level?

Currently in year 12 and I would to study ancient history at Oxford but my predicted grades just aren't looking as promising as my GCSEs. I did really well at GCSE, achieving 2 A*s, 7As and 1B but my A-Levels aren't looking as bright. I currently do an EPQ which is being submitted as an A and I study maths, chemistry and history. Realistically, I think will get an A at the end of year 13 for history and hopefully (if I can get my sh*t together) a B in maths and chemistry. My question is, would Oxford even bother looking at my application or would they chuck it in the bin with those grades? My other choices for ancient history so far are Warwick, UCL, KCL of Birmingham.
Have a go. Don't be afraid of trying! It doesn't matter though..don't worry about Oxford. Any uni is great.
Reply 2
Original post by Nahid200040
Currently in year 12 and I would to study ancient history at Oxford but my predicted grades just aren't looking as promising as my GCSEs. I did really well at GCSE, achieving 2 A*s, 7As and 1B but my A-Levels aren't looking as bright. I currently do an EPQ which is being submitted as an A and I study maths, chemistry and history. Realistically, I think will get an A at the end of year 13 for history and hopefully (if I can get my sh*t together) a B in maths and chemistry. My question is, would Oxford even bother looking at my application or would they chuck it in the bin with those grades? My other choices for ancient history so far are Warwick, UCL, KCL of Birmingham.

They certainly won't just bin an application.

And a strong result in the HAT will strengthen your case significantly.

https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses-listing/history-ancient-and-modern?wssl=1

However you really do need to be on target to meet their typical AAA offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest