The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The guy's girlfriend deserves to know.
Wait you ended up in a tent...? Also handle your liquor better.
In my experience, I stayed with a cheater because I thought I could be "mature" and move on and forgive him, but it ended up being really bad for us both as I could never forget what he did and every minor issue we had ended back up at him cheating. So that's probably why he's being "iffy" with you although he says he's forgiven you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Paulwyn
This has got so judgmental, so very, very quickly. People make mistakes, it happens. Your boyfriend will take a while to get over it but clearly cares for you enough to not let what seems an honest mistake ruin a good relationship.

If you had feelings for this other person, then different story but :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: it's happened, work to build the trust back up and treat it as the learning experience it is.

Honestly, relationships recently have become a joke. How can you call cheating an 'honest mistake?' the relationship was ruined as soon as she made sexual contact with that person. Even knowingly drinking at a party to the point of getting drunk is intentional, and tbh he should have not given her another chance in the first place. Cheating is not something you can just brush off and say oh well it happened
Your boyfriend seems a really nice person and personally if I had a girlfriend come clean the next day and cut off all contact with the other like you did, I would recognise that is was a genuine mistake and not your true intention, he might need some space but I think the relationship is salvageable from your actions.

I think your 'friend' has a right to know though, even if its too late to save the friendship, she doesn't deserve to be with a cheater that can't own up/man up to his mistakes, if you value your friend then you will make the right decision and tell her before it comes from someone else (which as it sounds will happen eventually anyway).
Original post by Nerry
*cough* cuck *cough*

Your hivemind called.
Anyone who stays with a cheater has no respect for themselves.
Reply 27
Calm down and pick up the pieces. Your bf has forgiven you. Be extra loving to him. Treat everyone else just normally. If anyone asks about just tell them it's not something you'll talk about. Learn from it.

Latest

Trending

Trending