Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've got several friends who have missed their offers. I've made mine, but I've been trying to help them out.. it's the least I can do.

They didn't expect to get into clearing, and now they have no idea how to go about it. We're all overseas students, and I suggested calling the unis directly.

Where can I find which unis offer spaces for IT or Psychology?

ReputationRep:
    The Independant has an on-line database .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Hi,

I've got several friends who have missed their offers. I've made mine, but I've been trying to help them out.. it's the least I can do.

They didn't expect to get into clearing, and now they have no idea how to go about it. We're all overseas students, and I suggested calling the unis directly.

No idea about Psychology, but Computer Science had spaces listed for Warwick, Birmingham, York, and KCL yesterday. All of which are top rate universities in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dave134)
    No idea about Psychology, but Computer Science had spaces listed for Warwick, Birmingham, York, and KCL yesterday. All of which are top rate universities in the UK.
    Thanks Dave, you're a gem as always.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Hi,

there are loads of places for psychology, just go onto ucas.com and search for places etc.
    btw can any1 tell me how far bournemouth is from bolton.
    thanx

(Original post by dave134)
    Add Manchester, Southampton, UEA, and Edinburgh to that list. If they have missed very high offers marginally (i.e. AAA / alternative qualification) then it might be worth contacting departments who are not officially in clearing (e.g. IC, UCL etc...) and asking if they would consider a singe application (not all that unheard of).

ReputationRep:
    Kent has vacancies for Comp Sci and Psychology:

http://www.kent.ac.uk/clearing/vacancies.html

01227 827272 or 01227 764000

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.