This discussion is closed.
Sharad Keshari
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys, I've been made an offer in MSc Applied Mathematics(1 year full time) at Imperial College London. However, I'm not getting any scholarship and the fees is pretty high. I've also been selected for MSc in Mathematics from University of British Columbia, Canada. where I'm getting full scholarship. What should I choose? My final goal is to pursue Phd in Mathematics from a highly reputed institution such as Princeton or University of Cambridge.
Socrates7
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Choose British Columbia
Sharad Keshari
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Socrates7)
Choose British Columbia
Please justify why should I choose University of British Columbia.
Socrates7
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sharad Keshari)
Please justify why should I choose University of British Columbia.
1. You're getting a scholarship
2. The Uni is one of the best in Canada
3. LSE is expensive
4. Canada is a friendlier country for foreign students than the UK
5. You're getting a scholarship!!!
mahdachod
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Go to where the money is son. Take the scholarship.

MSc finance has the math of GCSE level yet Imperial will charge £25K+ for it.
mpc123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Take the scholarship. You can never be sure whether you'll attain or even continuing wanting to attain your goal, so it would be a big investment for only the possibility of a small improvement. I don't know where exactly BC is in the rankings, but why pay £75000 when you could get an education that will only marginally differ in quality for free? Employers/admissions tutors for postgraduate placements will respect both degrees highly.
MadMaths
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sharad Keshari)
Hi guys, I've been made an offer in MSc Applied Mathematics(1 year full time) at Imperial College London. However, I'm not getting any scholarship and the fees is pretty high. I've also been selected for MSc in Mathematics from University of British Columbia, Canada. where I'm getting full scholarship. What should I choose? My final goal is to pursue Phd in Mathematics from a highly reputed institution such as Princeton or University of Cambridge.
How did you get scholarship for Canada I'm looking for a scholarship to study abroad can you point me in the right direction, I'm a UK citizen
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (420)
67.42%
No (203)
32.58%

Watched Threads