The Student Room Group

Is it safe to assume if a topic came up in the 1st paper, it won't come up in the 2nd

Title was too long, sorry for the lack of question mark!

I was just wondering if this was true, say if the Cardiac Cycle was to come up and there was some questions on it, would it then be safe to say it will not come up in the second paper?

Was just wondering, I doubt it is but I thought I'd still ask.
Original post by Wikia
Title was too long, sorry for the lack of question mark!

I was just wondering if this was true, say if the Cardiac Cycle was to come up and there was some questions on it, would it then be safe to say it will not come up in the second paper?

Was just wondering, I doubt it is but I thought I'd still ask.

it could still be a possibility, it happened in biology when i did my gcses.
no it isnt safe to assume because you make an ass out of u and me.

But in all seriousness, it depends on the subject, level of education etc. sometimes you do see similar questions but dont go holding your breath for it.

During my last year at uni, an elective module which I had taken had a history of having questions from a certain 2 topics come up in it (thus guaranteeing an easy 2:1 minimum), so most people (including myself) revised them.

come the actual exam, only 1 topic from either subject came up and more than a 3rd of people had to resit it (I somehow scraped a 2:1 from it thus avoiding the need to resit).
I suppose it depends on how many questions were given on it in the first paper. If it was only a 2 mark questions on something such as proteins and there was nothing else on proteins, then it could come up in the second paper if you know what I mean.
In last years AQA AS biology exams paper 1 was very enzymes, vaccines and biological molecules heavy. However in the second paper there was much more on genetic diversity, transport in organisms and insects/plant transport with little on enzymes.
There's no certain way of knowing whether it will/will not come up again but if it were me I would think it is safe to assume it won't come up again, as they have already asked questions and tested knowledge on it. The examiners want to know you have an understanding of the whole biology course not just Calvin cycle or proteins. Hope this helped
Reply 4
Original post by fayeb1999
I suppose it depends on how many questions were given on it in the first paper. If it was only a 2 mark questions on something such as proteins and there was nothing else on proteins, then it could come up in the second paper if you know what I mean.
In last years AQA AS biology exams paper 1 was very enzymes, vaccines and biological molecules heavy. However in the second paper there was much more on genetic diversity, transport in organisms and insects/plant transport with little on enzymes.
There's no certain way of knowing whether it will/will not come up again but if it were me I would think it is safe to assume it won't come up again, as they have already asked questions and tested knowledge on it. The examiners want to know you have an understanding of the whole biology course not just Calvin cycle or proteins. Hope this helped

Yeah I get what you mean, thank you for the advice!

Its just my exams are a few days apart so it was really just a decision on whether in those four days I should revise everything or just primarily the topics that did not come up on the second paper.

Quick Reply

Latest