Shaynapatel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What are the best halls from campus accommodation?
Herts PG Student Repsdafaf
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey Shaynapatel,

The accommodation varies across the campus's and it depends what your needs are.

For example, if you're going to be studying on De Havilland, then you'll want to be close by. Or if you're on College lane, then you'll want something there.

From personal experience, the De Havilland accommodation is pretty good and is close to campus, shops, and bar/sports facilities. The rooms are standard in size, have some storage, with good sized communal kitchens. The only downside being a very small shower (They are nicknamed test tubes!)

Here's a quick link to the main UH page with some information about the various accommodation offered.

http://www.herts.ac.uk/university-li.../where-to-live

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to get in touch!

David
Pelumi123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
HI, I will hopefully be attending Hertfordshire university in September. I was just wondering how Is accommodation paid?
jparrack
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I couldn't agree more with David on this. It really depends on what you are looking for.

Personally, I like college lane a bit more as it is more green with open spaces and the buildings are quite modern but it is down to you and your preference.

In regards to how rent is paid, your accommodation rent is taken out in line with your student finance maintenance loan. Let's say part of your maintenance loan gets paid to you on the 26th September. Your rent will then come out from your account a few days after this! (taken from the find your flatmates thread)

Thanks,
Jay
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (47)
18.01%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (73)
27.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (100)
38.31%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (32)
12.26%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (9)
3.45%

Watched Threads