The Student Room Group

Man arrested after incident in Whitehall, near parliament

Breaking news: A man has been arrested in Whitehall, by parliament. A witness has described seeing two knives on the ground, one of which is thought to have been a large bread knife.

A Metropolitan Police statement said there were no injuries.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Who wants to jump to conclusions first?
thank goodness this was dealt with so well by the police.
Well imagine my shock
Reply 4
Original post by Danny Dorito
Breaking news: A man has been arrested in Whitehall, by parliament. A witness has described seeing two knives on the ground, one of which is thought to have been a large bread knife.

A Metropolitan Police statement said there were no injuries.

They use knives now. Quick response by Police.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That'll bugger up the traffic a treat.
Reply 6
Any news on why it happened
Original post by Highlannd
Any news on why it happened

"Arrested at Whitehall on suspicion of the commission, preparation and instigation of acts of terrorism"
Reply 8
INB4, "It's Islamic terrorism"
Sounds like this guy wasn't the sharpest, who uses a bread knife to stab people?
Original post by poppyb787
Sounds like this guy wasn't the sharpest, who uses a bread knife to stab people?

When bakers go bad?
Bit harsh, he was only trying to make a sandwich
There are pictures of the nutjob ... Makes it harder and harder to say "wait for evidence".

I originally heard two knives and now I've read on the metro and a few other places he had a backpack full of knives and was arrested as part of a stop and search in relation to an ongoing terror investigation.

So, it sounds like we've managed to prevent a real atrocity here. I'm sick of hearing 'suspext was known to police as a suspected terrorist but case was dropped', etc., good to hear this pig was stopped before he could make people suffer.

Kudos to the police and security services protecting is everyday from this kind of scum
oh no not another mad nutcase hijacking our religion again!!! :angry::frown:
Just watching Sky News. There is a photo of him with the police. Grinning idiot.
Lol why does he look so calm in the photo?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39736733

The police in this country are amazing. Who knows how many people this guy could have killed, I'm so grateful that the police have kept us safe once again.
Now now guys! Let's not jump to conclusions...

He could be Shia or Sunni, we don't know which. Until we find out, we cannot make unsubstantiated judgements!
No doubt we will have to wait until his religion is confirmed before the media decide on his mental health status.
looks like a Muslim to me, beard and knives.
Original post by Ahmad232
oh no not another mad nutcase hijacking our religion again!!! :angry::frown:

By our religion I presume you mean Islam,yes?

Any idea why the nutcases only ever pick your religion to hijack?

Quick Reply

Latest