Possible recycling college/training courses in Glasgow?

Watch
Azuresands
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello. An ambiguous title, I know.

So, to summarise what I would like to ask: Basically, I'm looking to have a career in recycling. I've worked in a scrapyard and have volunteered for a few charities that deal in second-hand furniture, recycling white goods, scrap metal (ferrous and non-ferrous metals), wood and plastic. Also done de-littering, bulk recycling and
hygiene in some really dirty places.

I honestly don't know the official job titles of people working in recycling/waste management except from me working as a Yard Operative. I'd like to work towards being a manager or someone who receives a good salary, but alas, I lack the knowledge of such places in Glasgow that I might be able to get educated in.

Does anyone know any current college courses or training in the Glasgow area that might benefit me? Been looking at the Glasgow Kelvin College and the City of Glasgow websites to see if anything comes up, but having no luck so far.

Cheers in advance.
Friffinghell
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you want to be a manager then I would look at Business management courses. They would give you the necessary skills to know how to run a business. (From payroll, to insurance to health and safety.)

If you're more interested in developing options for recycling and want to get into academia then you'd be best looking at an Access to Sciences course - have a look at SWAP courses in Glasgow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (82)
26.62%
England (104)
33.77%
Belgium (26)
8.44%
Germany (37)
12.01%
Spain (5)
1.62%
Italy (26)
8.44%
Netherlands (10)
3.25%
Other (Tell us who) (18)
5.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise