This discussion is closed.
Harley Brook
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I was hoping someone here may have the answer to my question, I am currently finishing off my Foundation degree in health and social care, I am looking to enter into the field of social work, I have been advised by the university I wish to apply to (Wolverhampton) that they do not have a top up degree for the social work course and if I wish to complete the course I must start from year one.

I have also been informed that If I top up in Social care and Social policy (enter the final year) and gain my Level 6 (Bachelors) I can then complete 1-year masters in social work, therefore becoming a registered social worker and becoming potentially HCPC accredited.

If not I am aware I can complete a step up to social work program adding an additional year on top to become a qualified social worker.

Is anyone able to clarify that I have the correct mind frame in believing that I can do this?

Foundation degree in health and social care -> Bachelors in Social Care/ Policy -> Masters in social work?

Meaning I could have an MA in Social Work.

Thanks in advance
MercyT
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hello what did u go for in the end as I'm in the same predicament
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MercyT)
hello what did u go for in the end as I'm in the same predicament
Hiya, if you've got a question you are probably best starting a new discussion here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/new...ewthread&f=639

It's unlikely that someone from 2 years ago is going to be around to reply to you.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (112)
40.73%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
10.55%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (21)
7.64%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (62)
22.55%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (32)
11.64%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise