The Student Room Group

Disabled and university..

Hi,

I am looking to go to university in september to study business management full time.

However, I am registered disabled and was just wondering if going to university would trigger a reassessment for PIP? and would I have to tell them that I will be staying in university accommodation most nights throughout the week? none of my needs will change.

Olivia
Original post by Livs2016
Hi,

I am looking to go to university in september to study business management full time.

However, I am registered disabled and was just wondering if going to university would trigger a reassessment for PIP? and would I have to tell them that I will be staying in university accommodation most nights throughout the week? none of my needs will change.

Olivia

You should be fine. You have to inform then that your address has changed. I wasn't asked about whether my needs had changed when I went to uni.
Original post by Livs2016
Hi,

Olivia

Then it shouldn't cause a reassessment have you ticked the box on the student finance application saying that you receive PIP as the amount you are eligible for increases? Also have you applied for a DSA?
Reply 3
Original post by Ellie419
Then it shouldn't cause a reassessment have you ticked the box on the student finance application saying that you receive PIP as the amount you are eligible for increases? Also have you applied for a DSA?

I am currently going through the student finance application and have ticked the boxes needed and no I have not applied for DSA yet but I will be.

Thank you for replying :-)
Reply 4
Original post by Tiger Rag
You should be fine. You have to inform then that your address has changed. I wasn't asked about whether my needs had changed when I went to uni.

Thank you for replying! and I hope they won't question it, that's the last thing I need!

Quick Reply

Latest