The Student Room Group

Please Help!

Hi everyone, I'm posting this for a friend who's in need of some advice. From my understanding he's applied for a Lit Lang course at Edinburgh and received an offer of AAA but only wishes to study English Literature. Is there anyway this issue can be resolved? Does he need to contact the university directly? Anyway, here's what he put:
Hi,

So I applied to Edinburgh university with the intention of studying English Literature. However, following the UCAS code from other courses I applied for Q300 which happens to be English Language and Literature as a combined course - also taught in a separate school to that of literature. I'm wondering what I should do as I have no particular interest in studying Language for 4 years, also, the entry requirements for straight lit are higher.

Can anyone give some advice on what to do, as I'm very lost?
Original post by Anna98uk
Hi everyone, I'm posting this for a friend who's in need of some advice. From my understanding he's applied for a Lit Lang course at Edinburgh and received an offer of AAA but only wishes to study English Literature. Is there anyway this issue can be resolved? Does he need to contact the university directly? Anyway, here's what he put:
Hi,

So I applied to Edinburgh university with the intention of studying English Literature. However, following the UCAS code from other courses I applied for Q300 which happens to be English Language and Literature as a combined course - also taught in a separate school to that of literature. I'm wondering what I should do as I have no particular interest in studying Language for 4 years, also, the entry requirements for straight lit are higher.

Can anyone give some advice on what to do, as I'm very lost?

You can/should contact the uni admissions. My email would look something like this.

Dear Sir/Madam,

My applicant number is #####. I applied for Q300 'course name here' but I am now interested in switching to Q### 'English lit'. Would it be possible to switch from the course that you have offered me to a straight Wnglish Litwrature course?

Yours faithfully,

Quick Reply

Latest