caitlinky765
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Im just here to share a petition on mental health being made compuslory in primary and secondary school. There is stigma around mental health and people not knwoing how to get help or just how to help others with their mental health. By signing this petition it will mean that more information will be given to our generations, possibly saving even more lives and getting them the right help for their health.

The petition is https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/176555 and it has been set up by the shaw mind Foundation. If you want additional information you can check them out and the great things they aare trying to do! This could save a friend and future generations
Meany Pie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It is a nice idea but a a key issue here is that there simply isn't the funding to even treat a fraction of those who need it.

It says to me "Look at all this help you could be getting" when in reality it isn't actually there.
username457532
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by caitlinky765)
Im just here to share a petition on mental health being made compuslory in primary and secondary school. There is stigma around mental health and people not knwoing how to get help or just how to help others with their mental health. By signing this petition it will mean that more information will be given to our generations, possibly saving even more lives and getting them the right help for their health.

The petition is https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/176555 and it has been set up by the shaw mind Foundation. If you want additional information you can check them out and the great things they aare trying to do! This could save a friend and future generations
'mental health being made compuslory in primary and secondary school'

I have no idea what you mean by this. Everyone has mental health, like everyone has physical health. It's just that someone people's mental health isn't good and they are mentally ill. Are you wanting more education? More support?

Talking about mental health and mental illness is important. But you don't actually seem to understand what all these terms mean. Which is really important when we talk about mental illness. Because most people who try to help talk about it wrong. They talk only about 'mental health' rather than 'mental illness' or think the two terms are interchangeable. They think mental health is only something mentally ill people have. They focus on 'wellbeing' rather than 'mental illness.'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (43)
37.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (11)
9.48%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.52%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.62%

Watched Threads