The Student Room Group

My Facebook account will be permanantly deleted tomorrow :(

On 14/04, I requested for my Facebook account to be deleted - "Your account has been deactivated from the site and will be permanently deleted within 14 days". So it's either already been deleted, or is about to be.

But now I feel as though I should stop it!

Please prevent me from re-opening it. :frown:
and we care because?
Reply 2
Can you give some more details to help understanding the situation please?
Trust me I have deleted my account and it is the most refreshing experience I have ever had
Reply 4
Original post by sachinisgod
and we care because?

Because the world revolves around OP and everything that happens to him/her we should care about deeply, duh!
Reply 5
Original post by sachinisgod
and we care because?

Bit rude...
Original post by Drez999
Can you give some more details to help understanding the situation please?

My Facebook was crap so I wanted to delete it. I only used it to catch up on local/community news. I've changed my profile picture twice in six years and havent posted/chatted for ages either. But I still feel that I'm going to miss it. I only had about 220 friends; most of which were abandoned accounts, or ones I didn't care about. I kept noticing that over the years certain people have been un-friending me, which made me feel bad, and I 'unfollowed' so many people so that I didn't receive their nonsense in my news feed to the extent that I realised that my account was crap. I also hated the thought of people 'scouting me out' and seeing my dead Facebook account, so I wanted to fix up.

But now I'm wondering if that was the right thing to do; lurking on Facebook was my primary resource for stuff, e.g. university updates, family who don't live near, etc.
Reply 6
Original post by Wiggly
Bit rude...

My Facebook was crap so I wanted to delete it. I only used it to catch up on local/community news. I've changed my profile picture twice in six years and havent posted/chatted for ages either. But I still feel that I'm going to miss it. I only had about 220 friends; most of which were abandoned accounts, or ones I didn't care about. I kept noticing that over the years certain people have been un-friending me, which made me feel bad, and I 'unfollowed' so many people so that I didn't receive their nonsense in my news feed to the extent that I realised that my account was crap. I also hated the thought of people 'scouting me out' and seeing my dead Facebook account, so I wanted to fix up.

But now I'm wondering if that was the right thing to do; lurking on Facebook was my primary resource for stuff, e.g. university updates, family who don't live near, etc.

Okay, well I guess you have at least 3 options...

1. Try to keep/reactivate your account.
2. Create a new account.
3. Do nothing.

Good luck:smile:
Reply 7
Facebook is so fun. Well for me. Not sure about everyone:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest